notme 13-Jun-17
soapdish 13-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 14-Jun-17
cuntrytocity 14-Jun-17
Richm444 15-Jun-17
GED 02-Jul-17
bb 02-Jul-17
13-Jun-17
On June 5, 2017, Connecticut State Environmental Conservation Police and the United States Fish & Wildlife Service served an arrest warrant on Wayne Simko age 65 of Newtown, CT for a violation of C.G.S. 26-90(a) False reporting when reporting deer and a Federal Lacey Act violation. Under Title 16 USCC subsection 3372(a)(2)(A) It is unlawful for any person to import…any fish or wildlife in violation of state law. Under R.C.S.A 26-55-4 It is illegal to import deer from a Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) confirmed state. In February of this year an anonymous tip was reported to the Environmental Conservation Police regarding a 24 point buck that was reportedly taken in Bridgewater, CT. The buck had a very large non-typical rack and the cape was clear of any blemishes caused by tick bites suggesting that it was not from a wild deer herd in Connecticut. The investigation established that on November 5, 2016, Wayne Simko hunted and harvested a 24 point buck from a captive deer farm in Pennsylvania. Simko did not process the meat for consumption, did not clean the deer as required prior to preparing it for mounting and illegally brought the whole buck back to Connecticut. He then tagged the buck and falsely reported it as being harvested in Bridgewater, CT. The deer was to be scored by Pope & Young because of its unusual antlers. Pope & Young scores wild deer harvested by bow for official records. Pope & Young has declined to score the buck due to it being a captive raised farm deer. Deer from a (CWD) confirmed state, such as Pennsylvania, must be properly reported when harvested and must be processed for consumption and cleaned prior to being brought into Connecticut. CWD is contagious in deer and once it is established in the herd it is very difficult to eradicate. As a result of these violations, an arrest warrant was applied for, approved, and served. Simko was processed at Connecticut State Police Troop A and released on a court ordered $2,500 non-surety bond. Simko is scheduled to appear in Bantam Superior Court on 06/19/17.

13-Jun-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo

13-Jun-17
Dave that name sounds familiar .I think he was a contractor in Norwalk years ago I heard he was shady then .

13-Jun-17
I think your right steve,deffenitly sounds familiar...

13-Jun-17
D- bag

14-Jun-17
Can someone please explain to me how someone's brain works to do something like this?? He went to a deer farm and slaughtered (not even close to hunting) a deer he picked off the menu, and then comes back to the state and tries to sell it as a fair chase kill. Crazy, stupid people.

14-Jun-17
I agree BBB.

15-Jun-17
It's bad enough to shoot a farmed deer but to then register it as a legitimate kill is a bit over the top - I honestly don't know what people are thinking.

I am pretty sure that I saw those antlers at the taxi and immediately pointed out that it was likely a farmed deer due to the pearly white color.

Anyway I have lived in Bridgewater now for nearly 9 years with multiple cameras out all the time and never once saw a single NT

02-Jul-17
^^^ I bet it costs a lot more when all is said and done.

02-Jul-17
I would have at least picked out a better looking deer

• Sitka Gear