Bowhunting 5C 01-Sep-17
Bob McArthur 02-Sep-17
Phil Magistro 02-Sep-17
Bob McArthur 02-Sep-17
Bob McArthur 02-Sep-17
RC 02-Sep-17
bill v 02-Sep-17
13-Jun-17
I heard 5C is almost sold out already!!!!!

13-Jun-17
I just got new ink and a roll of paper???

13-Jun-17
You know what you can do with that roll of paper!!!

:^P

14-Jun-17
LOL! Good one Bob! :)

Funny you should mention this. I just checked the PGC link the other day to see if the allocations stayed the same for 5C this year and the link is not operable yet. Guess they won't have it go live until Monday when licenses go on sale.

14-Jun-17
Went on vacation. When is the due date?

14-Jun-17

Rut Nut's Link
Monday July 10th is first round

14-Jun-17
5D was brisk in sales today. Lined up around the court house in Norristown. Also heard from a guy who knows a guy that 2G and 2H are sold out. Not sure if that is true or not, just what I heard.

14-Jun-17
I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow. Probably get there at 6 so I'm first in line.

14-Jun-17
My bank statement has a cancelled check for a doe license and two bonus tags, but my tags haven't arrived in the mail yet. Very concerned it's not going to arrive in time. If I fill my 13 DMAP tags before they get here I might not make it through winter.

Seriously though, our system is gravely, embarrassingly antiquated. I guess if we ever move into the 20th Century and abolish ridiculous blue laws, we can finally tackle this issue and figure out how to use the internets to sell these things.

14-Jun-17
RC. Put me in for my usual order of 50. Don't like waiting in line... or stamps for that matter. Thx

14-Jun-17
Elk, you do realize you are talking about PA right? Forward thinking and evolution are not their strong suits.. 1950 called, they want their State back....

14-Jun-17
Dam I didn't even get my general license yet. Was planning on doing the 5c hunt this year as I was not going to be out west hunting this September. Guess I'll just have to plan a stupid elk hunt then. :(

18-Aug-17
They still sell those huh? They'll go out of business if they wait for my check. I gave up shooting does and any small bucks a few ears ago. it's all or nothing for me. Which usually means nothing but I'm ok with that. A freezer full of elk meat is the antidote.

27-Aug-17
Almost gone on July 13? Sarcasm? Still 2100 left on Aug 27.

27-Aug-17
Doe's taste better

27-Aug-17
They'll be gone by noon tomorrow.

27-Aug-17
What's with 2a &2b? Always a lot of tags left over. If l knew where to hunt and had the time, l'd send for one.

27-Aug-17
My part of 2A is getting slammed with EHD again. Getting tags but probably won't use them.

27-Aug-17
2C is sold out as usual, they only had 31000 issued. I got mine for 2C about two weeks ago.

28-Aug-17
5C is trickling down to nothing.. Today will be the last day, they will sell out before noon.

28-Aug-17
1599 as of 8:30

28-Aug-17
5D is right behind it..

28-Aug-17
We don't care about 5D John.................................just 5 C! ;-)

28-Aug-17
70,000 tags sold and last year only 15,600 antlerless deer killed.

28-Aug-17
Must be a lot of guys burning them. Or ANTIS buying them up. ;-)

28-Aug-17
This is not Potter county.... Antis do buy them, but 70K?

28-Aug-17
Or maybe many are not reporting them.

29-Aug-17
I'm starting to worry as 2B only has 46063 tags left... Better get my app mailed in asap..

29-Aug-17
"70,000 tags sold and last year only 15,600 antlerless deer killed."

That's 22.3% of the tags that were filled in 5C, which is pretty much right in line with the statewide average of 24.5%.

The bottom line is that three out of four tags go unfilled statewide, not just in those WMU's that allow guys to buy unlimited tags.

29-Aug-17
Bottom line is, there's a helluva lot more deer in those WMU's than other areas of the State & the percentage of the tags being filled should be a lot higher than the rest of the State.

29-Aug-17
OH HEAVEN FORBID IF I DON'T KILL MY DOE....

5C is like fishing in a barrel. All the SE is like fishing in a barrell.

And you guys whine and whine while all teary eyed... ? LMFAO

29-Aug-17
RC, if a guy hunts 5C & 5D hard for a season & can't tag 1 to 3 doe in a season, they pretty much suck at deer hunting.

29-Aug-17
Bob, even if they hunt public land?

29-Aug-17
I'll give guys a pass on public land...but they ain't the ones buying a ton of tags.

29-Aug-17
How do you know who buys the tags? You have names and addresses?

29-Aug-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Tag Hog....

29-Aug-17
I'm pretty sure I saw Bob sitting on a tall stool and checking ID's like a bouncer outside the door of the Treasurer's office yesterday morning. He was shooting dirty looks at anyone with more than 3 applications in their hand. :-)

29-Aug-17
NOT BOBBY...

29-Aug-17
dang it. should be unlimited tags in 5d!!!!!

30-Aug-17
six 5D and two 5c, hardly a pig. I could fill all the 5D in a week or two. 5C would take a little longer

30-Aug-17
those that fill them, stay silent...those that don't, defend the practice. Just sayin'. :)

30-Aug-17
Hey Bob- Dan says "How 'bout filling those 5C tags at the UBP Hunt this year?!" ;-)

30-Aug-17
bob, punch all those tags early man. you can always come and push for us later in the year

bill v

30-Aug-17
It's not about punching the tags Bill. It's about knowing that you could. :-)

30-Aug-17
Now Bill, you know very well I always save a tag for the late season in January, plus, the last thing I want to do is push deer for friends on properties I don't hunt.

Rut, I'm going to try & do just that. Although, last year during the Friday hunt, I pushed a deer past Gene...he must have been sleeping or reading a magazine on stand, or something. By time he realized it, the doe was underneath him & it was too late.

30-Aug-17
Wish I had all the doe problems you guys have...I only got 2 5B doe tags, and probably won't get a chance to use either of em'. Thanks to Gary Alt, all I have running around my hunting grounds are a bunch of gay record book bucks. All the doe here have been shot or run off to 5C, where they have a better chance of surviving around all the tag hogs who won't kill em'. I'm saving all the money I could've spent on doe tags, for my taxidermist! ;-D

01-Sep-17
Joshua made a funny... I like it. Gary Alt did what they begged hunters to do for years but they ignored science and lived off of old wives tales. Long overdue. I like how it is and would not like to see the "good ol' days"...

01-Sep-17
Bob, I call your spin on the Special Reg's areas bull. You can not say it is easy... Some of the toughest whitetails to hunt in Pa live where human contact is closest. My track record is intact, I buy tags to fill not hog like you suggest. Ask anyone who knows me, Art and Gene, mature doe go down every time, rut, early season, late season they all get shot. And having 3 double digit seasons in the last 8 years, that is a lot of dragging. You say the count should be higher.. Well come on down and let me know how easy it is.

02-Sep-17
oh please, the SRA is loaded with deer. The only deer that's difficult to kill in the SRA, and anywhere else in the State, is a truly big buck. And that buck you posted in the other thread, ain't one of 'em.

02-Sep-17
I'm sorry but anyone that has had three double digit seasons in the last 8 years is either hunting all day every day or is hunting where the killing is easy. And I'm not buying that the the toughest whitetail hunting is where they have human contact. Go hunt on SGL 42 and let me know how easy that is. There's 15, 600 acres so I'm sure you can find a spot where there's none of those tough deer that have lots of human contact.

02-Sep-17
What Phil said.

02-Sep-17
It's easy.

02-Sep-17
Man it's really getting deep in here. Double digits my a$$.

02-Sep-17
it's not that easy period. some days it seems easy , probably just lucky. that's coming from someone that shoots double digits every year.

one thing is for sure , I put in 2 to 300 hrs on stand every year. that's why !

I hunt with more then a dozen guys that shoot double digits every year.

keep shootin. em Junior!!!

• Sitka Gear