Will 15-Jun-17
bigwoodsbucks22 15-Jun-17
bigsevig 15-Jun-17
Murphy31 15-Jun-17
Murphy31 15-Jun-17
muzzy 15-Jun-17
Will 15-Jun-17
14-Jun-17
So, I walk in by my stand and a fawn pops up like 5 yards in front of me. It runs down the stream into the swamp. I go to where I wanted to put up my cam, and was getting everything set up. Next thing I know all hell is breaking loose coming right at me. About 10 yards or so before me the fawn starts screaming. Branches are snapping. It was so thick I couldn't see if it was yokes or a bear, so i started yelling to try and scare it off. Next thing I know the mom is coming right at me. I yell hey get away. Didn't want to catch any feet lol. She realizes that something else has the fawn and goes charging in after it. I turned on the cam and beat feet. Never seen anything like it.

14-Jun-17
That's crazy. Don't think I would have hung around either. Saw some fawn tracks tonight, they sure are tiny.

15-Jun-17
Sounds cool! I witnessed a pack of coyotes working together trying to take down a few deer while scouting about 10 years ago. To this day, it was probably the biggest or 2nd biggest buck ive ever seen in Mass on top of it. It was like something youd see on national geographic. Very scary at the time because I was way too close to it all but looking back it was so cool. Bet that got your adrenaline going!

15-Jun-17
crazy....

15-Jun-17
Bigwoods, It raised my heart beat up a few notchs for sure. Not being able to see what was going didn't help. One second everything was quiet. Then all hell broke lose. The fawn screams will be something I'll never forget. Wish I coulda helped.

15-Jun-17
Amazing to think, whatever it was - even the doe - that you were able to get that close and it didnt take off... makes you wonder what's behind every tree and rock we walk past in the woods :)

15-Jun-17
I think its pretty crazy that the mom was going to come after you haha. That's nuts!

15-Jun-17
was it a bear?

15-Jun-17
Im not sure. I'll have to hope it hung around and walked past the cam.

15-Jun-17
Will, I think the doe just cared about her fawn at that point. I never saw her when I jumped the fawn, so I don't know where she was. As for whatever predator it was. It was more worried about it's next meal than it was me. Bigwoods, I for sure thought she was gonna get in some kicks. She was circling me before she realized something else had the fawn.

15-Jun-17
Fawn ran into cover and probably got picked off by a coyote, death scream is what you heard. The doe was trying to protect her young.

15-Jun-17
Would it be poaching if it was really self defense? :)

• Sitka Gear