Wild Bill 15-Jun-17
steve 16-Jun-17
Will 16-Jun-17
notme 16-Jun-17
Will 16-Jun-17
Gene 18-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 19-Jun-17
15-Jun-17

WESTON, CT — A hungry black bear tore through a screen and entered a home on Treadwell Lane over the weekend, reports the Weston Forum. The bear tore throughs creens inside an enclosed porch and pried open a window. Although the bear left without substantially damaging the home and without being seen, Weston Animal Control officer Mark Harper reported that bear pawprints were left in his wake.

Harper also added that the homeowner had 10 bird feeders, some filled with suet. Harper said the bear was likely hungry and was looking for food.

15-Jun-17
So when will the state start assessing fines for feeding bears and promoting wildlife delinquency.

16-Jun-17
I cant believe Mark Harper is still there must be over 40 years .LOL

16-Jun-17
It's amazing to hear stories like that. People really seem to think BB's are cuddly fuzzy boobbo bear look alikes. YIKES! Even here in MA, it seems most folks know that come spring, and early / mid fall, you take the feeders in or suffer the consequences (via bears). Scary - hopefully no one is seriously hurt (again - RE Yale student a couple years ago in NJ)... Wildlife Management really should not be able to be influenced by any system at the ballot - or via politicians. While we may not always agree, we are better off long term with people who are trained making choices - like going to the doc when sick. We dont ask our neighbors or fakebook for real (real=operative term) medical advice, we go to a trained provider to get help from an expert. If only people could be that rational with wildlife management decisions.

(NOTE: I say that full well knowing I have criticized deer management decisions. I'm not saying we have to agree all the time, or that debate is wrong, just that in the long run, I wish the most highly trained could make the decisions)

16-Jun-17
." We dont ask our neighbors or fakebook for real (real=operative term) medical advice, we go to a trained provider to get help from an expert."...gee will, im glad you cleared that up for me. I was asking my drunken friends about a craniotomy to fix the loose screws...hmmm who knew!!!!

16-Jun-17
Notme - #truth :)

18-Jun-17
Had a big one go thru my yard in New Preston this afternoon. No trouble with him at all as he just walked away from me when I yelled at him to leave.

19-Jun-17
You better think twice about opening up your lunch while on stand this fall. I can just picture notme cracking open that Tupperware of lasagna with sausage and peppers on the side and having big blackie come looking for an easy meal. :)

• Sitka Gear