notme 21-Jun-17
>>---CTCrow---> 23-Jun-17
Richm444 25-Jun-17
hunter16 29-Jun-17
SILVERADO 21-Jul-17
rut 22-Jul-17
19-Jun-17

SILVERADO's Link
Hey guys I just saw this deal. Looks like a good buy.

19-Jun-17

SILVERADO's Link
Hey guys I just saw this deal. Looks like a good buy.

19-Jun-17
So good he had to post it twice!

I don't use trail cams, I think they would frustrate me. I see all of the pics you guys post with some really nice bucks, and then I would go see nothing!! It's like when you can a huge fish below your boat and you put your bait right in front of his mouth and he just swims away :(

19-Jun-17
Of course its gonna swim away if youre trying to can it...lol

21-Jun-17
BBB maybe you should 1 deer every 16 years . LOL

21-Jun-17
Check out Trailcampro website.

21-Jun-17
So good he had to post it twice!

In case you want to buy more than one. Dah!!!

21-Jun-17
Oh sure, now you want me to buy two cameras and see twice as many nice bucks that I'll never see from my stand. That sounds like fun ;)

As someone who's never used a trail cam, what advice would you guys give to someone like myself who wanted to start using them? How to do you decide where to place them? What height? How far from a known trail? How often do you check them? State land as well as private?

21-Jun-17

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo
BBB. I run around 6-8 cameras in my spots to monitor the big boys (my only targets). Here's what I do. Find a real good used trail and place the camera facing it. Also, adjust your settings so the camera takes multiple (burst) shots , and limit your rest time to as low as it will go so as to catch whats coming down the trail ( don't want to miss that big buck chasing a doe). I also place my cameras up high.aiming down so as to keep it out of the eyes of thieving bastards. I make my camera mounts from hardware bought from Home Depot. They work perfect, and you can set them at any angle. Also its cheap to make them. Real cheap. For mounting, I take one section of a climbing stick and climb to the top of the stick then reach up and screw it in up high above my head. Ends up at about 9-10 feet or so. I also weave a leafed branch around the mount for camo. These setups work great. Another thing is to set them up over looking a big active scrape in the same way I stated above. The scrape setup is my favorite. If you run the cameras over a placed food source, adjust the settings so the resting time is longer between shots/bursts.

21-Jun-17
Rut, great information, thanks.

21-Jun-17
As far as checking them, I usually check them about twice a week. Depending.

21-Jun-17
I drill a 3/16 with a glass cutting bit and place the camera behind the top side of a mirror,works like a charm..uhhhhhh wrong subject ,move along nothing to see here...

On a side note,i did catch my rat bastard x landlord rumaging around with multiple cameras in plain sight...lol

23-Jun-17
LMAO. I held back but I was gonna say that's what you do.

25-Jun-17
that is a great deal thanks for posting - I have an addiction to these things - I love doing the camera work except when I get a million pictures of squirrels or blowing leaves

29-Jun-17
ordered two of them and they should be here tomorrow... not going to be the quality of my bushnell cams but for the price I had to try them

21-Jul-17

SILVERADO's Link
Rut is this the setup you are describing?

22-Jul-17
Yep. That's exactly it .

• Sitka Gear