N8tureBoy 24-Jun-17
Woodsnut 24-Jun-17
>>---CTCrow---> 25-Jun-17
Buckwild4619 26-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 27-Jun-17
illibowhunter 27-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 28-Jun-17
22-Jun-17
The red and white oaks in Eastern CT are TOAST!!! We are in for a very lean acorn harvest. I imagine this means lots of deer movement and that food plots will pull in lots of deer from all around. What do you guys think?

22-Jun-17
Go with olive on the body with ivory trim..maybe hunter green door front and back...lol...less food more movement

22-Jun-17
... wet dreams and vanilla will bring you bliss ...

23-Jun-17
BK you are not joking about the Northeast corner. Back at our campground after being away for a few weeks. The devestation is incredible. Looks like winter with no leaves. Not just the big trees but all the smaller saplings. Should be a banner year out here.

23-Jun-17
So I'm thinking that there's to much thinking? What do you think? Did you ever stop to think about how much thinking we think about? Come to think of it, I think we should think of a way to avoid some of the thinking.

23-Jun-17
Some quick thoughts:

There will be a 2017 (should be obvious by now)

There will be a 2017 archery season (the state really, really needs the money)

There are still some deer left so they'll be fair game as defined by current statutes and regs.

I'm with Bob; paralysis of analysis-too much thinking.

Deer do 3 primary things in life

1. Eat

2. Sleep

3. Make more deer

FIgure out where they do #1 and #2 (shut up notme, lol) and you'll be in fine shape.

Figure out #3 and you too can be like Bob (BBB) (well, maybe you can skip the part about only shooting a buck every 16 years......love ya Bob!)

23-Jun-17
Aww man!!!....lol

23-Jun-17
I thought a thought, but the thought i thought wasnt the thought i thought i thought,if the thought i thought had been the thought i thought i thought i wouldnt have thought so much!

24-Jun-17
See ww has got the idea. Mike, while I have never seen a couple of deer getting it on, I did see a couple with a blanket take a break from their hike. It looked like the young lady was having trouble breathing so she was given mouth to mouth, some chest compressions and finally was kept warm with body heat while the young man lay on top of her. I could tell she was in a lot of pain from all of the moaning and screaming. Poor thing

24-Jun-17
What's the devastation from ?

24-Jun-17
Gypsy moth catapillars. They ate all the leaves off most of the trees. As bad as it is, it's worth a ride to check out. Rt 44 and 198. Amazing how such a little bug can create so much damage.

24-Jun-17
#4 poop

24-Jun-17
Well the good news , if any, is the sun light that now hits the Forrest floor should allow for the new growth to have a chance.

25-Jun-17
1. Eat 2. Sleep 3. Make more deer

Not necessarily in that order.

P.S.

4 poop goes in between 1, 2 and 3.

26-Jun-17
wow - We haven't seen any of that damage up this way as of yet !

27-Jun-17
I was in Hebron over the weekend and when I headed south on Rt2 I couldn't believe how bare the trees were. Looked like mid winter.

27-Jun-17
You know what chaps my ass about these damn bugs is that the state doesn't do a damn thing about it. They just say hey in the coming weeks it looks like the catapillars will die off. This has been happening for a few years now. Those tree are only gonna take that abuse for so long then they will die. I guess that it's to be expected from this state. They don't act on anything. Oh but hey at least with the "ash boring Bettle"they had kindergarten kids make purple cardboard boxes with kit string and they got to hang them in the trees.

28-Jun-17
ill the purple boxes were hung to trap the ash borer to determine where they were located in the state. My friend in Hebron is an arborist and explained the program to me a while ago. He has lots of ash in his yard and we've been cutting them down, so at least he got some great firewood from the problem.

• Sitka Gear