horsethief51 23-Jun-17
RC 23-Jun-17
RC 23-Jun-17
RC 23-Jun-17
Jethro 24-Jun-17
hawkeye in PA 25-Jun-17
hawkeye in PA 25-Jun-17
23-Jun-17
Turkeys still gobbling on the roost behind the house. Yesterday gobbled non-stop from 5:10 to 5:45am. This morning I closed the trunk and that set him off. Don't remember late June gobbling before.

Has anyone seen any turkey chicks? I have seen lots of hens and none of them had any chicks in tow. That is also unusual and not a good sign.

23-Jun-17
Teeton and I bumped 2 hens with about 10 young ones last weekend. I would call them poults, but they were pretty big. Almost the size of (adult)hen pheasants.

23-Jun-17
Nothing unusual. I've seen plenty of poults. I have called in and filmed gobblers from January to mid-July. I even have footage of a big gobbler coming to the call on a mid-October morning, gobbling all the way, just like it was a spring day. They do what they do.

23-Jun-17
I got a nice picture from a member last week of 4 longbeards together and one was strutting.

23-Jun-17
This was 4 days ago. They spent 30 minutes not 30 yards from me. Last week I called a gobbler up out of the hollow into our yard.

23-Jun-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

23-Jun-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

24-Jun-17
Good to hear some of you are seeing poults. I still haven't seen one. There has been 1 lone hen that I see feeding on the course. Have seen her almost every day since beginning of May and its the only turkey I've seen at work. Until this morning. She has 2 hen friends hanging out with her feeding. No poults between the 3 of them though.

25-Jun-17
Not seeing poults, but yes they are still strutting and gobbling. Odd from my experience.

25-Jun-17
Not seeing poults, but yes they are still strutting and gobbling. Odd from my experience.

• Sitka Gear