Stew1975 26-Jun-17
Nesser 29-Jun-17
CCOVEY 12-Jul-17
Mathewsshootr2 12-Jul-17
mrelite 22-Jul-17
treeclimbing 15-Aug-17
Cheesehead Mike 16-Aug-17
26-Jun-17
Couple of us used our points for archery elk unit 49. We are lucky or unlucky enough (depends how you look at it) to live a 20 minute drive from northern edge of unit. It makes scouting easy but we may be wasting our time. None of us have been in this unit during bow season. Question I have is has anyone hunted this unit in the past couple years that was able to get a handle on where larger amounts of hunters were? Areas if they did it again they would stay away from? Pm me if you have any insight. Thanks

29-Jun-17
Stew I've got the tag also... Be great to stay in touch it's big country as you know...crowding shouldn't be a problem. I'll pm you my cell number

12-Jul-17
i shot you a PM

12-Jul-17
Got that also

22-Jul-17
If you look at Google Earth the pic was taken on Sept 8th 2016 and you can see lots of camps, I marked everyone of them even the trucks on the roads got marked, it was pretty informative as to where early hunters were camped. I also found 1 outfitter camp in one area, I guess most bivy hunters were pretty good at hiding their tents because I didn't find any.

15-Aug-17
I have been looking for sheep in this unit and have seen elk everyday. Herds I have seen are on top close to Weston, 4 mile and 12 mile. Everything is up high right now.

16-Aug-17
Well, we know where everybody is going now...

• Sitka Gear