Rutt-Nutt 07-Jul-17
MikeS 08-Jul-17
Zim1 08-Jul-17
Rutt-Nutt 08-Jul-17
Zim1 08-Jul-17
PSUhoss 29-Jun-18
Zim1 29-Jun-18
27-Jun-17
Just an annual friendly reminder to other NR's that the 2017 Archery Combo Lottery Applications are dues in a few days. Typically they do not sell out, but my hunting buddies and I do not like to take any chances on missing out on our trip to Pike County that we have been taking for the last 17 years.

We are looking for a similar year to last when we had an incredible week of hunting. Good luck to all!

27-Jun-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
There is no real NR quota. No way in hell Madigan would allow any $550 check go uncashed. If applicants ever exceeded the fake quota within ten minutes he'd have legislation passed to allow another 500 permits.

29-Jun-17
Zim1 - I hope you are right.

29-Jun-17
Heard of fake news? Illinois has fake deer management. Split the state into ten zones and set a 2,100 quota like Iowa and you'd see some real quality on our public. For everyone. But our crooks manage for coin and to fund bloated unsustainable state employee pensions.

More proof of our fake deer management:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=2893&GAID=14&SessionID=91&LegID=104353

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5144529

Everything here is managed for $$$money$$$ only now. Period.

05-Jul-17
If you can't beat them, join them - knock on some doors.

07-Jul-17
Not going that route. I am putting together some petitions to put some legislative pressure on. This is a bigger issue than just me.

07-Jul-17
We don't have a stable budget, you think they care about a deer herd? I agree with you and am with you on getting a group together, but when them politicians and district reps are behind them closed doors they give 2 shits about a deer herd or what outdoorsmen an women think on herd and managment structures. Just my 2 cents......take it how you want.

08-Jul-17
Rutt-Nutt, you are probably correct that the majority of those delegates don't give a rat's butt about our deer herd or even our natural resources as a whole. Although, our "voices" are rather quiet as individuals, as a group of outdoorsmen/men we WILL be heard. Of course, the participation would be limited as people will complain sitting in the bar, but those same people will not speak a word to their politicians...

08-Jul-17
I am well aware they don't care behind closed doors. That is why such efforts need to be persistent. Basically must make their lives miserable with harassment. I've had success in the past, and as a result have an Arizona elk tag in my pocket this year, that otherwise would have been bought at auction by some fat cat. So it can't hurt to try. You might be surprised.

08-Jul-17
Yea, the money is what a group needs cause thats what talks. Wonder if people started posting flyers at bow shops, bait shops with a few numbers of local state reps to call if that would move them any?

08-Jul-17
I'm going to try a few things. Started by sending emails to my local rep and the ILDNR to make sure I target the right parties. Then will set up three online petitions.

29-Jun-18
Another year has passed! Just an annual friendly reminder to other NR's that the 2018 Archery Combo Lottery Applications are dues in a few days. Typically they do not sell out, but my hunting buddies and I do not like to take any chances on missing out on our trip to Pike County that we have been taking for the last 18 years. We are looking for a similar year to last when we had an incredible week of hunting. Good luck to all!

29-Jun-18
Anyone know if they increased the nonresident quota this year based on the increased 2017 applications caused by the crossgun legislation? I've been Googling but found nothing so far.

• Sitka Gear