sitO 29-Jun-17
kscowboy 01-Jul-17
writer 01-Jul-17
Chief 01-Jul-17
writer 01-Jul-17
turkulese 01-Jul-17
Chief 02-Jul-17
28-Jun-17
One day last week we were in Monument Valley on a lookout point looking through a window. Had a road runner land a foot away on the windowsill with two lizards in it's beak. He paraded up and down two or three times a foot away and then hopped down for lunch. Never been that close to one before, beep beep.

28-Jun-17
Certainly the most personable, and comical, bird you can find. I've had them race the truck, stopping when we did. Had one peak out from under a cedar, maybe a yard away from where I was opening a pasture gate during a blizzard. The look on its face was, so obviously, "What the hell are you doing out in this crap?" A buddy had one running around his yard with a cigarette butt dangling out of one corner of its beak.

28-Jun-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Saw a bunch down around Crowell TX hunting pigs in Feb, cool birds. Haven't ever been able to get close to one, quite an experience Dave!

29-Jun-17
Used to see him all the time...on Saturday mornings...being chased by a coyote.

29-Jun-17

01-Jul-17
"A buddy had one running around his yard with a cigarette butt dangling out of one corner of its beak."

Writer, this gives a whole new meaning to "cool birds."

01-Jul-17
They're kind of the avian version of Lab puppies that never grow up. One in Winfield used to run around looking in people's windows, and pecking on a storm door if the wooden door was open. They also like to setup near bird feeders in the winter, and dash out and grab small sparrows, chickadees....

01-Jul-17
My first khp patrol car was a 1969 road runner, writer. I use to set up on the overpass on us54 at Garden Plain, dash out and grab a lot of Mustangs, and Impalas, yummy, they were delicious! :)

01-Jul-17
Damn, Chief, you're still around? Probably really liked nabbed those Volkswagen,..."bugs."

01-Jul-17
How long were you with KHP Chief?

02-Jul-17

• Sitka Gear