Live2hunt 29-Jun-17
RutnStrut 29-Jun-17
Pete-pec 29-Jun-17
Foodploter 30-Jun-17
Live2hunt 30-Jun-17
razorhead 30-Jun-17
RUGER1022 30-Jun-17
28-Jun-17
Curious to know what guys are using for boots, I have a problem keeping my feet warm. The rest of my body isnt bothered by the cold, but never fails my feet will. Any ideas!?

28-Jun-17
I need to follow this. Got the same problem.

28-Jun-17
It's your socks.

28-Jun-17
Ive tried every pair of expensive socks on the market. No luck! I vuy quality socks and quality boots. Onlything I can think of is possibly buying lighter boots maybe my feet wont swest then?

28-Jun-17
I wear Lacrosse icemans if I'm not walking far. Otherwise I wear my alpha burly knee boots and carry in boot blankets.

28-Jun-17
Lacrosse Iceman. When I get to stand, insert chemical toe warmers,...haven't tried the complete foot warmers, they may work better.

28-Jun-17
I usually end up using foot warmers, just feel like i shouldnt have to when spending 150+ on a set of boots. Anyone try the heated insoles?

28-Jun-17
Mickey Mouse Boots. Never get cold.

28-Jun-17
Icemans or Muck work for me. Waders work well too

28-Jun-17
Pasq - Hopefully your not walking far with the mickey's!

I always use a foot warmer if I am sitting any length of time. They slip into my boot like a pro and I am set for a number of hours.

Me and a buddy use a rather inexpensive boots Kamrick (/) and use the foot heater. Perfect!

Boots are about 45 bucks and last a couple of years or so.

I kid my other buddies as I call them my "Oven Warms" and they are cheap!!

This probably is NOT what your looking for, but they work for me and a friend -

Pat

29-Jun-17
I like the Arctic Shield boot covers. Slip them over my 800 gram thinsulate boots once I get to my stand. The key is to put them on BEFORE your feet get cold. If I have to walk a long distance to my stand, I will change socks just before I get to my stand so I have on dry socks for the sit. Put the damp socks in a zip lock bag for scent control.

29-Jun-17
I've heard great things about mickey mouse/bunny boots but then I hear negative feedback about the weight.

I'm assuming most of us will be spending 90% just sitting there waiting for the deer to come by. 8% walking back and forth to the stand and 2% dragging out.

So do bunnies keep you warm when you're not moving or do they only really work while "marching"?

29-Jun-17
Tweed, ill give those a try!. Thanks.

29-Jun-17
Forgot my boots one sit last year. I shot a doe in my golf shoes, and almost fell getting out because the spikes slipped on the ladder.

29-Jun-17
Lacross Ice Kings for me when it is cold. Don't need toe warmers with them either. I use Kamik all rubber boots with the liners (these were around $80 though - I had the cheaper and they are not made as well) if I have to cross swamps/marsh and for lots of times ice fishing, especially in slush. Those do require toe warmers at times.

29-Jun-17

29-Jun-17
Severe cold I wear the Iceman's with a toe warmer. Just cold weather it's Danner's 600G Thinsulate Ultra.

29-Jun-17
It's hard to beat icemans. They last a long time (a little patching here and there). The traction on mine kind of suck though, I've slipped down some hills with snow. Standard not cold hunting, anything with approx. 500 grams of thinsulate for comfort (learned a big lesson elk hunting my first year without) or my LaCrosse Alpha's.

29-Jun-17
I don't even wear my Icemans anymore. I wear either 400 gram Irish Setters or Lacrosse Areohead 3.5mm. With boot blankets these are good for all day sits in weather down to zero. If I am sitting in cold weather though I usually wear my Warmbag which also keeps the feet toasty. The Icemans are a great boot if you aren't walking a lot. Mine are over 20 years old and still in great shape.

29-Jun-17
1 pair of thin cotton socks, and light boots with plenty of room to move your toes. I swear that those people who get cold feet, are wearing to thick of socks, and boots too tight. I hunt in low top hiking sneakers unless there is snow. Ever since this move, I have not had cold feet problems. I also never where gloves, but admittedly hang my bow. Instead, I keep my hands in my coat pockets.

I walk in wearing almost nothing. Often a T-shirt and jeans, and dressing in layers as I cool, when in the stand. Sweating while walking in, and then sitting down to cool in the stand, will surely freeze a man quick.

30-Jun-17
Pete-pec I also dress very light, as I said. Upper body, legs, and hands tolerate cold very well. Feet not so much. Thanks for the tips guys!

30-Jun-17
"I walk in wearing almost nothing" Bad image there Pete-pec, I guess we will know it's you when we see a naked guy walking through the woods with a bow in his hand.

30-Jun-17
one thing I always did, regardless of boot, I wear polypropolene socks, and I put deodorant on my feet, too help keep them dry

30-Jun-17
1 , In exstreme cold I heat my boots up to body temp during the nite . In the morning I am putting 98 degree boots on 98 degree feet . My feet stay warm for 3 or 44 hours in lite boots . 2 , I had issues keeping my feet warm for years no matter what I wore . Then I had Heart surgery & 4 Bypass's. No more cold feet problems . Think about that. :-)

• Sitka Gear