swede 26-Jul-17
DL 16-Oct-17
swede 16-Oct-17
DL 16-Oct-17
swede 16-Oct-17
DL 16-Oct-17
swede 17-Oct-17
28-Jun-17
I found out today that a large group of liberal goobers are moving into the mountains around snow mountain. The forestry service has warned all the ranchers that boarder the forest to lock everything up because they will take anything they can find. The USFW is even going to set up a court in the NF to deal with them. They plan on being there through the eclipse. This ought to screw up the forest not to mention all the crap they will leave.

28-Jun-17
Not good news as I hunt that area on a regular basis. Probably will look like the Woodstock Festival a few days after the hippies left. Trash, condoms, human waste in piles. I sure hope the Sasquatch I saw up there doesn't cause them any problems.

23-Jul-17
Madras especially and surrounding areas.

26-Jul-17
I do not know where DL is getting his information, or if he is just making it all up. The Forest Service does not hold court. They have no authority to pass sentence on anyone. They take their cases to Federal court, or they call in another jurisdiction like the State or County. I was on two Districts that had Rainbow Family gatherings, and the Forest Service did not tell adjacent landowners that they need to lock up their property, because the Rainbowers will steal it. I was told today (unofficial) there are still about 80 people out at their camp place cleaning up. I hunt not far from where the gathering was. The good news that I heard, based on sightings and game camera information, is the elk are where they always are.

16-Oct-17
Swede it was from US News world report. The "AP" means it's an Associatted Press article.

Here it is again

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The U.S. government has sent federal prosecutors to a "pop-up" court in eastern Oregon to process citations against people attending a massive counter-culture peace gathering on public land that could draw up to 20,000 people.

Several assistant U.S. attorneys are staffing a make-shift office within walking distance of the festival in Malheur National Forest, said Kevin Sonoff, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office for Oregon.

Those who don't want to negotiate a deal with prosecutors can appear before a federal judge by satellite, he said.

16-Oct-17
DL you said "the USFW is even going to set up a court in the NF to deal with them." There is no USFW. If you are referring to the USFS or the USFWS, you are mistaken. Those agencies have no prosecutors. They get council from outside the agency. The prosecutors cannot impose a sentence on anyone. The law enforcement officers can give a ticket to people for petty offences which can be contested before a federal magistrate. The prosecutors are federal attorneys that represent the federal law officers. The F.S. has a few Special Agents, but they are just better trained and skilled cops that wear a cheap suit and a necktie. I would not fool with them, but they are not sentencing anyone. I worked for years of the Burns/Emigrant Creek Ranger District and out of the Supervisors Office in John Day. I still talk with people there. The last I heard in late August was the Rainbow people were still cleaning up several weeks after the gathering was over. I heard there were some problems, but no more than any group that size would experience. I just would not talk or write like the "liberal goobers" are something to get especially concerned about. Our group hunted and camped about 15 miles from where the liberal camp was. We went 3 for 5 with two large bulls in less than a week. I hope the goobers did not mess up your hunt.

16-Oct-17
Your correct i got my USF&W messed up.

The ranch I hunt was South of there in Izee. Fortunately they didn't get much traffic through there. In this day and age with maps on almost every cell phone they still get people coming in asking for gas. One guy came in wanting water to fill his camper. Uh maybe fill your camper before you leave home and carry extra. Water doesn't magically come up out of the hose plus the fella did not ask nicely. He just wanted water to fill up. Found out he'd better plan better. Sad thing is it just happens way to often. Last year deer hunting was horrible. Worst in 20 years. Did see a lion where deer usually are so blamed it on that. This year we did good. Plenty of decent bucks.

16-Oct-17
DL, if you mean the Rainbow Family gathering is a nuisance and a pain in the butt, I agree. They don's ask for an invitation. They know it is not coming. I think a lot of the problem associated with the gathering is the characters that use it as a cover for other activities. Just my guess.

16-Oct-17
The ranches where I hunt were warned to keep everything locked down. I heard from people in the Midwest that had them appear have lots of trouble with things disappearing. I'm sure there's the usual percentage that are scum like any group. My sons good friend in NV that works for the state talks about burning man. He said they cleanup up the area where they gather but get a few miles down the road and they start unloading their garbage. Then they have to send out crews to clean it all up. Sounds like you guys did well. I've given up bowhunting elk for now to be able to hunt with my brother. He's 72 and has had cancer for 15 years. He just lost his lower leg. I just decided I would rifle hunt deer with him for as long as we have together.

17-Oct-17
DL, all the best to you and your brother hunting together. Hunting with my brother is better than shooting a deer or elk for sure. We did fine this year, but have more problems with cattle than anything.

• Sitka Gear