Jeff in MN 04-Jul-17
Jeff in MN 04-Jul-17
Crusader dad 04-Jul-17
Drop Tine 05-Jul-17
razorhead 05-Jul-17
Jeff in MN 05-Jul-17
razorhead 05-Jul-17
30-Jun-17
Happy 4th. Enjoy the holiday that stands for what America is all about. Might be a little slow on this forum for the next week or so as many of us will be on vacation. Post some pics and stories about what you did during the week or when you get back online. Our whole family will be with us starting today. Campfire, boating, watching the fireworks across the bay on Monday.

30-Jun-17
I'll be back in Three Lakes this weekend with lots of the family. The Three Lakes parade on the 4th has been a tradition for the 55 years I've been around. Last weekend, my son and I finally got up there for some Musky fishing and we boated 8 - in crappy weather to boot. This week will be more family stuff but we'll "sneak" out a few evenings. Off to Canada as of next Friday.

30-Jun-17
Have a great and safe holiday weekend to you all. Son and granddaughter will arrive today for five days.

30-Jun-17

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
I will probably start stringing ropes across the trees today for a similar display of flags. Also get the two duece and half air horns setup and the compressor hauled down to the boathouse to run them. The people during the fireworks show (boats honking back) and the boat parade on the 4th just love them.

30-Jun-17
Y'all have fun and be safe in your travels. I'll be working. Don't feel bad though. I get to live where many go to vacation, ATV or play.

01-Jul-17
Happy forth everbody!! Freedom isn't Free!!! Enjoy the day!

02-Jul-17

Willert88's embedded Photo
Willert88's embedded Photo
Headed to Door County to celebrate and relax with my new wife!

02-Jul-17
Happy 4th, and congrats, Brandon!

03-Jul-17
Happy 4th fellas, had a setback in pt and fell and broke my thumb. Right hand. All is good though and we have been enjoying my fam that has come from out of town. We are set to host about 85-100 people at my house tomorrow so if anyone else wants to show up. Feel free. The food will be excellent, pool warm, and beer flowing. Send a pm and I'll give you the address. Starts at noon.

04-Jul-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
The calm before the storm. The grills will be lit in about ten minutes. Doing 72 brats. 60 burgers. And 30 lbs of BBQ chicken. Plus 72 ears of grilled corn on the cob! This is my favorite holiday and this year is even more meaningful. This is the one time of year all my family and friends are together!

04-Jul-17
Have fun, enjoy your day and recovery.

Fireworks across the lake were awesome last night. Boat parade starts in a half an hour. I will be cranking up the air horns for the occasion.

04-Jul-17

Here are some pics of the flag setup from this year. Got lots of compliments from the boats in the parade and others today. Fireworks across the bay last night were awesome. Long show paid for by some local businesses and donations from people on the lake. I heard that last year they had $30,000 to spend. Not sure what it was this year but based on the show it was probably more than last year.

04-Jul-17
Jeff, we go to the lake but we don't have a property on a lake yet. You are very lucky to have that spot. It looks great!!! Cindy is trying very hard to get me to buy a spot on Crystal lake in Lodi. I want to save our $. We already have a nice boat and yacht club membership on lake mi. So far it's been an amazing 4th for us. We had 91 people total for my party. We are at the lakefront now and my boys are dodging the cops and lightning off the good stuff!!! I think they'll give me a pass this year.

05-Jul-17
Spent the day up in Minocqua where 37 years ago my wife and I spent our honeymoon musky fishing on Squirrel Lake and went to town for the fireworks. Grilled steaks and baby reds tonight and time to hit the sack. Work Wed. and Thur. then a 3 day weekend to play some more.

It was a great day!

05-Jul-17
well I was working my part time summer job,,,,, anyway, we had just reset a buoy, and as I was walking off a pier, the end of the pier collapsed, and sent me flying airborne.....

I was able to break the fall with my right arm, coming down, on my left knee,,,, and I avoided the rocks, in the water.......

I dodged a bullet, it was also filmed, which I did not know, since a camera was in place at the spot. a fireman, unloading his kayak was right there, and could not believe I was only bruised up.....

I contribute that to my work out regime, I really do,,,,, Ice and elevation, I am up and at em, man it could have ruined my fall,,,,,,,,,

did not need those fireworks, ha ha ha

05-Jul-17
Razorhead, glad you are OK. Was that at a municipal boat ramp? Usually those ramp docks are in pretty good shape.

Whomever sets the buoys on our lake is apparently color blind. Some channel buoys have the colors set on the correct sides and some are wrong.

05-Jul-17
No it was a district pier, somehow, they were right on it, a hinge failed, stuff happens.... our buoys are perfect, set with lazer

• Sitka Gear