bigwoodsbucks22 30-Jun-17
Proline 01-Jul-17
Bowhunt3138 01-Jul-17
Moons22 02-Jul-17
Buckshot89 04-Jul-17
bigwoodsbucks22 05-Jul-17
Buckshot89 06-Jul-17
30-Jun-17
I just bought a house in Plaistow, NH. I go to check the NH forum and there's 5 YEARS worth of threads on the first page! Wanted to introduce myself and try and pick some brains for info but its desolate. I hope this MA forum never gets like that. I been here for a while and love the info, experience, pics, stories, etc. Any southern NH guys on here? I'm loving my new area and the freedom feels wonderful. I still commute to MA for work daily and plan on hunting zone 10 till I die but this is my first season with a NH license so I'm glad ill be hitting the woods in sept.

30-Jun-17
I moved to southern NH about 2 years ago. Loved it so much that we decided to permanently leave MA and we just bought a house in Goffstown, NH. I also commute to MA for work and hunt zones 9/10 down there. NH forum sucks so I always just stay in here. Theres a bunch of guys that hunt NH on here too.

Plenty of deer around southern NH. I am seeing deer almost every single day now. I have shot deer up here the past 2 years (as well as a bear) and have passed on quite a few now too. I still have a lot to learn about the area, especially now being in another new town but you will find out a few things quickly... first, theres so many places to hunt. Very few people post their land and if its not posted, you can hunt it<-- that's a state law. Also, season opens Sept 15th and you can hunt sundays. Early season (sept. 15th- Oct 5th) can be as good, if not better, than the rut. I recommend hitting it hard during September. You can see unpressured bucks, on regular food patterns, during daylight, during this period. Another cool thing is that you never feel like you're out of place. I walk right down the main road with my bow and no one cares. If you grab lunch or stop at the convenience store while wearing your hunting gear, people will ask you if you got anything rather than looking at you like you are a dangerous person. That part is so refreshing. Oh, and you can carry a sidearm while bowhunting. I do this all the time because of how many bears are around.

Goodluck and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

01-Jul-17
I have a place in NH and bow hunting up there. Love it as the season starts early and gives me Sunday's. Fair amount of deer around (J1/j2). I find it a bit of a challenge to find a great setup as there is a lot of woods compared to zone 10.

01-Jul-17
Welcome to God's country. Lol. I'm in Nashua . The NH forum does suck but the guys on here are great. I've killed a bunch of deer in Nashua, Merrimack, and Hollis. But I still do most of my hunting in zones 9&10. I can show you a couple of spots over this way if you'd like. Good luck , it'll be here before you know it.

02-Jul-17
Our camp is in I2. More moose than deer. We've hunted it for 14 years with a whole group of guys. It's really big woods where we hunt. In those 14 years we've only killed 9 deer. All rifle kills. It is great though for access, and a really long now season.

Bowhunt, we do a lot of goose hunting in Hollis. Are you familiar with Hall farm?

04-Jul-17
Good info guys. There's hundreds of acres of town and state land surrounding my home. I can walk out my backyard into a lot of town owned property. I'm used to hunting big woods from growing up hunting my family's land in VT. I'll keep an eye out for bears the neighbors have seen them regularly so it's something I'll keep in mind. Bigwoods did you kill that bear over bait? I've found it extremely tough to hunt bear any other way than over bait. Bowhunt I'll PM you sometime this week. Thanks! I def plan on sticking to the MA forum as well. Moons never heard of hall farm. Is that up north? I think I'm in zone "M" and "L". I'm still trying to get used to the huntable geography.

05-Jul-17
No I didn't. I was actually deer hunting when it came by. I shot it from the ground with the bow walking into my stand. I was very lucky to get an opportunity like that.

06-Jul-17
That's awesome bigwoods! Bears are probably my favorite animal to observe while hunting. I see them often on my property in VT while deer hunting. Usually a mother with a cub or two so I don't mess with them. Seeing or hearing them while on the ground is a totally different element. It's pretty spooky hearing them "hoot/huff" at you in the dark less than 40 yards from you with just a bow in your hand.

• Sitka Gear