Jebediah 27-Jul-17
huntskifishcook 27-Jul-17
huntskifishcook 27-Jul-17
Moons22 28-Jul-17
MA_Bowhunter 28-Jul-17
huntskifishcook 29-Jul-17
Jebediah 29-Jul-17
02-Jul-17
I have a little johnboat that I've dragged around on a trailer for years. Today I had an opportunity to fish from the kayak. Wow was it convenient. Just throw it in the back of the truck,and off you go. Very comfortable, pretty stealthy, can stick it in the river just about anywhere. Highly recommend.

02-Jul-17
I like my jonboat better more roomy.

02-Jul-17
I love kayak fishing jeb. It's especially fun when you hook onto a big one that can spin you right around or even for a short ride.

02-Jul-17

pb901's embedded Photo
pb901's embedded Photo
pb901's embedded Photo
pb901's embedded Photo

pb901's Link
Hi Guys, I've been reading the MA forum for a 2-3 years now. Don't ever remember making a post but have picked up a ton of good stuff and got a few laughs from members on here.

I spend my free time hunting, fishing (fly rod for trout in the spring/fall and bass in the summer) and shooting and do a lot of kayak fishing in the summer months. This year my 8 year old has really got into bass fishing ponds with me in our two man kayak, its been a blast. We're going out early tomorrow, she'll get me up at 5.30am, no need for an alarm clock.

02-Jul-17
Jeb, put that kayak on farm pond, Framingham. Bite has been hot lately! Top water spook at first and last light, and rubber worms during the day. Some monsters in there. Dudley pond in wayland and lake Winthrop holliston are some of my favorites.

02-Jul-17
Pb welcome aboard! Awesome video. Awesome to see the young ones getting into the sport. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you do.

02-Jul-17
Dudley Pond, Cochituate (middle lake) and Dug Pond have been fishing good in recent weeks. I usually get a few chunks on a frog from the Charles River between Natick and Medfield in July and August too, loads of places to put in with a kayak.

02-Jul-17
Dug pond is such an underrated bass pond. That drop off right in front Of the sandbar holds a lot of bass.

02-Jul-17
A buddy of mine has a 7 1/2 pound bass mounted from dug pond.

02-Jul-17
Thanks Moons22. Big pickerel in Dug Pond too, I bet they beef up on the smaller trout the state dump in there in the spring. Dudley Pond has smaller bass but the pub on the pond does an awesome burger!

03-Jul-17
Thanks for the tips. I can also recommend Sudbury River at Rt 20 in Wayland, and Carding Mill Pond in Sudbury. Access behind Wayside Inn, including jonboat if you're willing to drag it a little. Haven't been there in several years--so I don't know if this has changed. This is primarily an early-spring pond, because it gets over-run with algae in summer. But at least as of several years ago, there were some absolute monsters in there.

27-Jul-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

27-Jul-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

27-Jul-17
2/2 the past 2 nights on 5+ pounders!

27-Jul-17
Nice! Is that Dug Pond?

27-Jul-17
You guys are killin me. I keep thinking about getting a yak and retiring my float tube. This furthers that.

PB, that's awesome. Welcome aboard - post up! My daughter just turned 6... She'd love doing what you and your daughter have been doing. That, is AWESOME. She's the fisher kid in our family. My son, he will enjoy hunting I think... but fishing may not be his deal.

27-Jul-17
The one in the blue shirt is farm pond, Framingham. The one in the camo is Hardy pond, Waltham. Both great ponds.

27-Jul-17
I've heard good reports about Farm pond, thanks. Have been getting some monsters in the river lately.

27-Jul-17
How do you get boat into Farm pond? Not obvious from satellite photo.

27-Jul-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
The small curvy road at the top of the pond. It is called lakeview ave on the map, but not clearly marked on the street. You'll see a sign that says "fisherman access". I have my best luck in the middle of the pond.

27-Jul-17
Lock your doors at the boat ramp, can be some sketchy characters down there.....

27-Jul-17
Thanks! You know it's interesting that you say lock your doors. Years ago I read that Farm pond was great, but you may not want to be there after dark due to safety concern. At the time I thought surely the writer was just being a little hysterical. But maybe they were right!

27-Jul-17
Nice work Moons. Especially with that crazy cold front we had roll through.

27-Jul-17

huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
My brother and I spent a weekend doing some pike fishing in VT up on the Canadian border a couple weeks ago. Couldn't keep em' off the hook for a while.

28-Jul-17
Jeb, he wasn't kidding. I've never had an issue but I do like to get out of there while there is still some light.

HFC, that's awesome!

28-Jul-17
HFC - Wow, great pike! Look the look on both your faces - pretty joyful being up north fishing all day!

29-Jul-17
Nothing better than fresh caught fish fried in a cast iron skillet over a fire!

29-Jul-17
Yes that picture is priceless. Hats off to you and your brother for fishing together.

• Sitka Gear