TwoDogs@work 09-Aug-17
ksq232 09-Aug-17
Catscratch 09-Aug-17
TwoDogs@work 10-Aug-17
TwoDogs@work 11-Aug-17
Catscratch 15-Aug-17
TwoDogs@work 15-Aug-17
03-Jul-17
I found quite a few Chanterelles over the weekend. Catscratch are you finding any? Anybody else hunt these mushrooms?

03-Jul-17
The last couple of rains that hit most of the area missed us. I found several but the were small and dried up. Another rain and it would have been really good.

09-Aug-17
Should still be some lingering Sandhill plums..maybe 2 weeks left to get some.

09-Aug-17
I my look one last time this weekend. I will be in Colorado in two weeks and I will likely find all the mushrooms (Chanterelles, Boletes, and Scaly Tooth) I want. Fresh mushrooms and pan fried Brookies are delicious.

09-Aug-17
Cat, did you not get much out of that rain this weekend? Looking at the radar, I thought for sure you would get a good one.

09-Aug-17
Been very dry until a day ago... first rain in over a month and it was 5.7 inches (lots of June rains got right up to us, then turned or broke up). It's been cool and cloudy since and more rain is in the forecast tomorrow. The ground is staying moist. I foresee a big flush very soon. This weekend will find me in the woods!!!

10-Aug-17

TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
I had to go out to a farm this afternoon for work. There is a big oak tree right by the drive into property. I glanced down and saw these. I picked a couple dozen in short order.

11-Aug-17
I don't know where the date on above picture came from. The picture was taken yesterday, August 10th.

15-Aug-17
Sunday found me in the woods... nothing! Not a single chant! I did find lots of other toadstools and various mushrooms but nothing I can eat. Once again when I think I've got mushrooms figured out they prove me wrong.

15-Aug-17
After finding the ones on Thursday, I went to a couple of my other spots over the weekend and also found none. I guess only the mushrooms know when conditions are right for them to grow.

• Sitka Gear