huntingbob 05-Jul-17
RogBow 05-Jul-17
jordanathome 06-Jul-17
03-Jul-17

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
10mm is heavier but packs one hell of a punch over the 9mm

03-Jul-17
I delivers one heck of a punch, to the target and the shooter.

04-Jul-17
Nice! I like them all. I seem to be able to find something I like about every caliber. I like .380s for ultra compact carry, 9s for compact carry and /or mag capacity, 10s for a combination of punch and capacity, 45s because they are big and just plain cool.

04-Jul-17
The 10mm ranked highest in the FBI lethality testing when they were searching for a new issue caliber. All prompted by a deadly shootout where the current issue caliber failed.

Once they found the "right" cartridge they decided it was too much for some of their agents to handle and viola! The .40 S&W was born. :-)

That 10 should serve you well!

I am a .45 ACP guy just because of my own history with it.

04-Jul-17
Rumor has it the G20 handles the .40 s&w just fine other than increased wear on the ejector..........

04-Jul-17
I have the g29 with the long barrel. all the power of the g20 in a compact pistol! I love it.

04-Jul-17
If you want to maximize the potential of your new you look at underwood ammo. I carry 200gr hardcast lead at full power. Will it save me from a black bear? I don't know but I feel it's the best combo of power and weight.

05-Jul-17
Jordanathome, I have the same G20 and love it. Surprisingly it doesn't have that much recoil. I got several boxes of Buffalo Bore when I bought mine and think there are 200gr and 220gr hardcast like what Ucsdryder mentions(just different brand).

I purchased a Lone Wolf .40 conversion barrel/spring but use the 10mm clips. Also bought a .22LR conversion kit which works really well too. I like using the same pistol and just change out barrels even though I've got the other calibers already in different pistols.

05-Jul-17
I've read that the 220gr hard cast don't perform well out of the stock barrel and have a tendency to tumble. Might want to check it out. I think there was a YouTube video on it too. Hickock45 did the video I believe.

05-Jul-17
I shoot the 220s out of my g20 but the stock barrel has never had a round chambered in it even bought an aftermarket when I bought the pistol.

05-Jul-17
I have the Glock 40 in 10mm. Rather large... sporting a 6" barrel, but less recoil than my Dad's Glock 9mm.

05-Jul-17
Wish I still had my Glock 29 in 10mm. Stolen out of my truck at Lake of the Ozarks.

05-Jul-17
The G20 is such a nice gun, good pick. Get real ammo for it as suggested.

06-Jul-17
Hornady Custom 180 gr XTP JHP's for protection

Seller and Bellot 180 gr FMJ's for plinking

If I was going to WY and grizz country I'd pick up some of those 220 gr beast rounds.

• Sitka Gear