Rut Nut 11-Sep-17
RC 11-Sep-17
Bonafide 12-Sep-17
twistedlimb 15-Sep-17
Rut Nut 15-Sep-17
RC 15-Sep-17
BSKED (mobile) 15-Sep-17
06-Jul-17
I was born and raised in Pa. and live right on the stateline. My local county treas seems a little slower than most. Any recommendations?

06-Jul-17
I've had really good luck sending mine to Montgomery County, the past couple of years. I live in York, and I get mine back alot quicker than if I would send them down the street to our own county treasurer.

06-Jul-17
Beaver or Washington county are my go to treasurers for tags.

06-Jul-17
Mine is going to Montgomery County.

06-Jul-17
Elk county for me...very quick

07-Jul-17
Sent mine to Montgomery last year. But if word gets out too much it might slow things down this year! Try Ashtabula this year Jim! ;-)

07-Jul-17
I totally disagree, Montgomery county in the last 3 years was 3 plus weeks... Every year. With both 5C and 5D heading into there it seems as though it is longer every year. I am actually going off grid this year. Montgomery County should be the last one you send to. Just saying.... Yes, you can send wherever you want with PALS but they are slower than most. Take it for what it is worth.

07-Jul-17
I print my own.

07-Jul-17
If you bought a new license it says when the doe licenses will be sent out in the pamphlet they give you.

09-Jul-17
For as many doe licenses that are sold each year, does it really matter?

09-Jul-17
Gotcha Stick

10-Jul-17
This year I hope to be hunting 3 different WMU's, so going for a bonus tag so I am not limited to buck only.

Last year I applied to Montgomery and did notice it took longer than the previous year. So I'm trying a different one this year.

10-Jul-17
Do what you want, but imagine the largest population of Special Reg's tags going out of Norristown.. And you get the delay.. 5D and 5D combine for 100K. Do the math. They just can not handle it.

10-Jul-17
Being a nonres it is superhard to get a 2F. Last couple of years it sold out before out of state could apply. Nothing wrong with that. What got me was as I log on to the website that tells you how many are left, on Friday night there were 3000 left, Saturday morning 2000, Sunday morning 1000 left, my monday 1st chance 0 left. Some county treasurers are working Saturday and Sunday! I can tell you Beaver county is not 1 of them. Thanks for all your input, good hunting, Jim

10-Jul-17
Like I said above, I sent mine to Montgomery County. It was awarded today (7/10) at 3:13 pm.

10-Jul-17
Good luck!

11-Jul-17
Justin- I think some of the county treasurers are getting smart. It was said last year that some are working until all applications are processed. Some still only work until COB each day. And as we know one of them didn't work on them at all because they didn't have the manpower. Word is getting out on which ones are better and which ones to avoid. Better customer service will result in more business for these treasurers.

11-Jul-17
I changed up to avoid Montgomery county and that seems to be back firing too. They were weeks in last year. And do not even get me started on the second round.

11-Jul-17
I typically do not send for tags up north. I buy a bunch for 5D and 5C, but I can tell you if you are in the northern tier, 2F,2G,2H you will be left wanting... They are smoking along. A lot of guys buying them to not use them

12-Jul-17
Well, I have a NEW county treasurer! :-) No more Montgomery Co! : )

12-Jul-17
Don't spot burn County Treasurers! If yinz go around the internetz all spouting which ones are the fastest they'll get all 100,000 doe license apps next year.

And please, PGC/PA legislature, because I am on a rampage with this. It's 2017, figure out how to use the internet. This system is freaking ridiculous.

12-Jul-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
AMEN elk yinzer!

I'm so sick of the "PINK ENVELOPE ORDEAL" every year!

What is the point of the PAL system if you don't use it for EVERYTHING???!!!

13-Jul-17
I put mine in the mail Saturday (Sent to Westmoreland county treasurer). I would assume they got it Monday and yesterday when I checked online I was awarded my doe tag. The process is quick the mailing of the tag is slow.

13-Jul-17
Depends where you send to Parker. I have gotten my tag in the mail within a week of having it awarded. And I have also waited til the day before the early archery season opened in the SRA's.

Point is we should not have to rely on the efficiency/reliability of each and every county treasurer! TAKE THEM OUT OF THE EQUATION ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY has been totally automated for years and it works great. Walk into the vendor, pay your money and walk out with license AND doe tags. If NY can do it...................................ANY state can! ;-)

13-Jul-17
Yeah, buying over the counter or online would be awesome!

14-Jul-17
Buying over the counter would be a virtual nightmare! Especially where doe tags are concerned. The PALS system can not handle the onslaught of trout season openers let alone 500K doe tags being printed in a day... Think about that before you ask for OTC! Imagine 2F,2G,2H doe tags selling in the first weeks most year the way it is, and now have guys lined up to get one? Ah, a big NO there... No way OTC!

14-Jul-17
John- from what the guys tell me that is NOT the way it works in NY. For the units with limited tags, it is a lottery system- NOT first come first served. Does not matter if you go on day 1 or day 14....................it is a random draw by computer.

14-Jul-17
Doe tags through PALS has worked in Ohio for over a decade. No drawing. If you want a doe tag, you go get one, any day, over the counter. So easy. No hassle. So nice. It could be that way here too.

14-Jul-17
Jeff, ahem... And what is the population of hunters compared to Pa, half if that? They can not handle the trout stamp and you want PALS to issue doe tags? Yeah, uhuh....

Add up how many tags there are versus number of hunters... No one puts more guys in the woods in the country, the system would fail if OTC.. No doubt.

14-Jul-17

Rut Nut's Link
John- NY has had their system for years and no problems. NY has approx. 750,000 hunters. Similar to PA 935,000

14-Jul-17

Rut Nut's Link
PA

09-Sep-17
I sent to Montgomery County and had mine in hand within 5 days. Same as last year.

10-Sep-17
I will never send to Susquehanna Co ever again. They rejected my application because they didn't know what they are doing and had it for I think all most 10 or 12 days and till I called asking. Then they sent it back,but only after I called. Resent to Lackawanna Co it was processed like the third day after I sent it, and I got it back already. Still waiting for a tag from Susquehanna County that's was awarded to me to come back. Never will I sent to susquehanna co, the country that I live in again.. they should of sent my rejected app back the day after they rejected it. The reason they rejected it was they said u can not send 2 application's in the same envelope for the same person. It was for 5c after you could buy as many (tags) as u wanted.

10-Sep-17
Ah crap, think I'm cry... LOL

11-Sep-17
Yeah, that's pathetic service, Ed! Obviously antlerless applications are NOT high on their priority list! : ( That's the problem with this system! We need to get them OUT of the equation!

Hope you guys are contacting the legislators!

11-Sep-17
Oh ya...

12-Sep-17
It's a scam, you can buy your gen license online yet gotta use primitive methods to get your doe tags. Sad

15-Sep-17
Dauphin county was always good.Just put an app. in mail on the 12th and got lic. back on the 14th.Never expected it that fast!

15-Sep-17
There's only 3 WMU's with tags left AND the last round began on Aug 21st, so yours was probably the only application they received in the last couple weeks.

So I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that!

15-Sep-17
Rut butt, ya have your tags and have had for weeks. When ya gonna stop whining? Fricken compound whinner:)

15-Sep-17
RC. Thanks again for the prompt return of my tags. I mailed all 40 in one regular envelope, saved on postage, you mailed all 40 back in one envelope. No wondering if I'm going to get them, no deadlines. I now have all the tags I need. You must have been on vacation in July when I sent them as it took 6 days this year, and last year I had them in 4 days. :). Thanks again!!

• Sitka Gear