Stix 07-Jul-17
Stix 07-Jul-17
ZachinCO 07-Jul-17
Stix 07-Jul-17
Surfbow 11-Jul-17
scrapwood 12-Jul-17
06-Jul-17

jordanathome's Link
FYI.......as if it were not hard enough to find a place to shoot on public land in the front range......Boulder, Gilpin, Summit, Clear Creek and probably several other counties have no implemented a fire ban that includes prohibition against discharge of any firearm on public ground other than during legal hunting. Tried to shoot at Bunce School Road area and it was closed. Everything is closed and fines are steep. So far Larimer county is the only one I haven't seen joining in the ban.

06-Jul-17
Since 80% of forest fires are started by careless people, the bans seem reasonable during these hot summer days when the odds of a fire are high.

06-Jul-17
I don't think its just public ground. Its all unincorporated Boulder County on the west side..

06-Jul-17
Agreed. I suspect most are from careless tossing of cigarettes, leaving fires unattended or not damp and cool to the touch, etc. The whole ban on discharging firearms for target practice was something new to me.

06-Jul-17
Well, it is Boulder. If they enacted a ban on shaving your legs they would be fine somehow including recreational shooting. That said, careless shooting can start a fire. Not sure the risk is high enough to warrant the restriction though.

There is a free public range out in the Pawnee just north of HWY 14 but it can be a zoo. Its well worth it to me to pay to shoot at Great Guns in Nunn. I miss the days of just driving to the edge of town and shooting.

06-Jul-17
"I miss the days of just driving to the edge of town and shooting." Amen, Glunt.

06-Jul-17
Went camping last year off Manhattan road out of Red Feather, and learned not to go back. Many, many people appear to NOT practice simple safe shooting techniques like using large hills for backstops and just being aware of where your bullets are heading. Young people, drinking, firearms and fireworks don't mix well. There is no enforcement from FS or sheriffs. 1.5 FTE rangers in Canyon Lakes district.

This year a female camper was hit by a stray bullet sitting in her camp. Anyone's guess which moron was responsible. No easy answer, but there are a ton of folks with limited, impaired and no common sense whatsoever out there.

07-Jul-17
The rules aren't made for the ones that follow them, they are made for the ones that don't!

07-Jul-17
The American gun owner is self destructing. Indiscriminate shooting, leaving brass on the ground, leaving target debris, using trees as targets, shooting in dark.... I could go on and on. If it continues, designated shooting areas is next on the agenda for the forest service/blm, and it will have general public support.

07-Jul-17
The American gun owner is self destructing. Indiscriminate shooting, leaving brass on the ground, leaving target debris, using trees as targets, shooting in dark.... I could go on and on. If it continues, designated shooting areas is next on the agenda for the forest service/blm, and it will have general public support.

07-Jul-17
"The American gun owner is self destructing. Indiscriminate shooting, leaving brass on the ground, leaving target debris, using trees as targets, shooting in dark.... I could go on and on. If it continues, designated shooting areas is next on the agenda for the forest service/blm, and it will have general public support." I agree in part, but this is like saying the American hunter is shooting animals out of season, leaving carcasses laying in waste, etc. We all know the bad apples get the attention, but your statement is a bit disingenuous IMO.

07-Jul-17
It may be dangerous, but the truth hurts. There are bad apples in every group that are in the progress of ruining it for everyone. Those folks have soured the taste of the non-hunting, non-shooting public who just see these folks grouped in as "shooters" or "hunters" . Like it or not, we are stereotyped like every other group, and I speak the truth based on my connections with the FS and BLM who are in progress, albeit quietly, looking to enforce designated shooting areas. It's coming like it or not.

11-Jul-17
"The American gun owner is self destructing."

I don't even know what this means, other than the liberal-media message has apparently taken hold. A more accurate statement would be "the usual law-breakers have gotten more exposure"...

12-Jul-17
Larimer county enacted their ban this week. Any word on Jackson county?

• Sitka Gear