looking for elk partner 2017
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
bowdan 06-Jul-17
PilotBowhunter 11-Jul-17
Quinn @work 11-Jul-17
Destroyer350 11-Jul-17
06-Jul-17
I'm looking for a partner for archery elk 2017. I have been talking to an outfitter in northern colorado near steamboat. zurkel wilderness. this would be drop camp or cheaper if you supply your own camp gear. I called 4 of his references and they all said they tagged out the first day. i could be talked into other areas. I could be talked into an Alaska moose or caribou as well.

11-Jul-17
I'm hunting unit 14 (could be moved) Was planning a backpack hunt the first 2 weeks of archery.

11-Jul-17
All 4 tagged references tagged out the first day? That's quite a record. Seems to be hand selected references from the outfitter. I'd ask for non successful hunter references as you get a much better idea of the hunt and outfitter.

11-Jul-17
I've hunted around that area quite a bit and think I know the outfitter you are talking about. They do ok but cant imagine 4 tagging out the 1st day - especially 1st week of season. I would try to go the last week or 2 of the season. Seems like a lot of people and the sheep are gone by then. Obviously wont be a problem with sheep if you're in Zirkel.

• Sitka Gear