Sportsmen roundtable - call agenda topic
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Grasshopper 07-Jul-17
Treeline 07-Jul-17
Shotgunwilly 09-Jul-17
Treeline 09-Jul-17
07-Jul-17
The CPW statewide sportsmans roundtable meets August 5th.

Prior to that meeting there will be regional roundtable meetings which sportsman are encouraged to attend and have open dialogue with CPW managers about issues - any issues. Regional issues will be discussed at the statewide meeting.

Previous surveys have suggested the TOP 3 concerns of sportsmen are Habitat, Access, and species management.

I have been asked to help develop the agenda for the NE region meeting.

I am asking you for your input.

1. What agenda topics would get you to attend a meeting? 2. What issues do you see that you would like to get addressed?

There is alot going on right now. Resident/NR resident allocation discussions at the wildlife commission, Habitat Fund Stamp spending, National Forest land recreational shooting, Fee increases, and more.

Please let me know what issues you would like to see elevated and discussed.

Thanks!

07-Jul-17
Steve,

Thank you for your continued support of sportsmen and sportswomen in this state!

I will PM or send you an email on some issues to consider.

Thanks for the reminder about the meetings. I have not seen anything pop up for meetings on my emails. I will try and make as many as possible.

09-Jul-17
In my opinion , I think that the resident/ non resident split is tops on the list, I listened to the audio from the last meeting and feel like this is an issue that we are starting to gain some traction on and need to push. By rights there are many units that should be 80/20 already, however with the bias shown by some participants on the board towards the rancher / outfitters if we don't do it soon it may become taboo.

Thanks, will

09-Jul-17
Steve,

Sent you a bunch of info via email.

Thank you for your continued support for sportsmen with the CPW!

Tavis

• Sitka Gear