ElkCrazy 30-Jul-17
Pop-r 08-Aug-17
ElkCrazy 08-Aug-17
Pop-r 08-Aug-17
Phaseolus 19-Aug-17
BobH92057 20-Aug-17
a'Lish 20-Aug-17
10-Jul-17
After 21 years my wife and I finally drew tags for unit 61. I know there was a good snowpack and spring moisture. I was wondering how the moisture and feed conditions have been so far this summer?

Thanks in advance

11-Jul-17
?

11-Jul-17
I live in CO but not near unit 61. We had a decent wet spring but since June 1 we haven't had any rain. If your lucky you got a random thunderstorm but that's about it. We've had 1/10" of moisture in 5.5 weeks at my house and no relief in sight.

11-Jul-17
Thanks

11-Jul-17
We have several fires burning up here in NW Colorado, and there seems to be more lightning with these few storms than moisture.

Horn growth seems super good again this year. Lots of fawns about as well.

11-Jul-17
Thanks!

12-Jul-17
hot & dry Portions of the Plateau may have received its first rain of the summer tonight The area has gone about 6 weeks with zero precipitation with highs running in the 90's Fire bans have been implemented for Mesa, Delta and I believe Montrose counties

12-Jul-17
Thanks

30-Jul-17
Unit 61 is doing well this year. I have spent every weekend up there since the draw came out. Both my Dad and I drew our archery tags for 61. We had a good snow back this winter, but we had a rough spell in June with no rain. But July we have had a ton of rain. Has rained up on the plateau almost every day for the last three weeks. The areas were the cows have not been, the grass is almost 4' tall. Looks to be a promising year for antler growth.

08-Aug-17
So what are you seeing up there elkcrazy?

08-Aug-17
Have not seen a whole lot. Have spent most of my time in 61 learning the country. The elk are still up on top, mostly in 62. I have got game cameras spread out over some water holes and the elk should start moving in here in August as the temps drop and the rut gets closer.

08-Aug-17
Thanks for the reply. Was just curious. Keep us posted if you don't mind.

19-Aug-17
It's pretty typical not to see many elk in 61 until they move over from 62. There is better grazing on that side and they use it. There will be plenty by archery season.

20-Aug-17
Good to hear

20-Aug-17

a'Lish's embedded Photo
a'Lish's embedded Photo
ElkCrazy...have I appeared in your photos?

• Sitka Gear