RONO 21-Jul-17
RONO 21-Jul-17
onepin 21-Jul-17
onepin 21-Jul-17
RONO 21-Jul-17
onepin 23-Aug-17
spike78 24-Aug-17
13-Jul-17
Hi guys I have an 80 acre parcel of all woods in the hancock area and was wondering about the bear population. I have deer hunted the last three years and now thinking maybe spend some time looking for bear. any thoughts? thanks Rick

14-Jul-17
This property has an old apple orchard in it that still produces lots of apples. Have taken deer here and last winter saw a lone set of bear tracks crossing the property. Will try to hunt for them this year.

18-Jul-17
Same here in MA Pat. I get pics of bears all the time but have yet to see one while hunting. It's like they are ghosts here.

18-Jul-17
So Pat or anyone else out there, do you hunt near this area? I live in ct and I've heard the guys up here talk about bears in Hancock being plentiful. Going up in two weeks to reset cams and do a little scouting. Got a beautiful 12 and 10 point on cam but only managed a 5 from this past year. Thx Rick

19-Jul-17
Corn fields and Beech/Oak mast. They spend a TON of time in the trees when mast is plentiful or even available. It gets hard because Beech and Oak keep their leaves so long. If you have access to corn, it is easy to see where they will want to be by the sign they leave .....but there is a lot of food this year.....which is tough.

20-Jul-17

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

20-Jul-17
LOTS OF BEARS IN HANCOCK,HAVE HUNTED THERE THE PAST 20 YEARS PLUS, TONS OF BEAR ON CAMERA ANY SAW 4 OR 5 BEARS IN THE WOODS, SHOT ONE WITH BOW 2 YEARS AGO,350 LBS.

20-Jul-17

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

20-Jul-17

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

20-Jul-17

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

20-Jul-17
LAST THREE PICTURES HANCOCK NY,TO BAD WE CAN;T EAT THE PICTURES !!

21-Jul-17
RONO are you from that area?

21-Jul-17

21-Jul-17
NO, I FROM THE ISLAND,BELONG TO A CLUB UP THERE ,BEEN HUNTING SINCE 1995. ONLY 18 OF US IN THE CLUB,RENT CLOSE TO 3,000 ACRES.

21-Jul-17
ok I think I heard about that club last year from someone on here

21-Jul-17
The property I hunt is up off Sands Creek Rd

21-Jul-17
OK WE ARE ON PEAS EDDY ROAD THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER

23-Aug-17
ok so went up to set cams and do a little scouting. the property I hunt has an old apple orchard in the center and a thick grove of pines on a steep slope of rock on one side. There are more apples this year than in any other year ive been there. Lots of broken branches which I assume is from bears. My question to you guys is where do bear hang out so to speak. I haven't seen any caves or holes big enough to be a den. How far do you think they would travel to come to this orchard. Should I set a stand on edge or inside the orchard where the broken branches are. Any help would be great as ive never thought about hunting bears before. I had some bear meat recently and was very surprised at how well it tasted. This property produces many deer which is why we hunt it but heck a free bear tag thrown in so why not. Thx for any info Rick

24-Aug-17
Look for well worn trails through tall grass leading to the apples.

• Sitka Gear