bigbuckbob 14-Jul-17
Bloodtrail 14-Jul-17
XbowfromNY 14-Jul-17
SixLomaz 14-Jul-17
BoneHead 15-Jul-17
spike78 16-Jul-17
catchintime 17-Jul-17
13-Jul-17
Any CT Deer Hunting outfitters? NY can't seem to get the xbow full inclusion, so I'm looking to extend my season in CT.

13-Jul-17
Outfitters? CT? Oxymoron. The only thing you'll find in CT is preserves to hunt birds for a price, that's it.

13-Jul-17
Lol... I don't think I've ever seen those two words used in the same sentence..

13-Jul-17
Their is one in the Union Eastford area. Forget the name but if you google you might find it.

13-Jul-17
Actually, I think a few of the (Bird) hunting preserves DO offer Deer Hunting.

Edit: Yup, Millstream does: http://www.millstreampreserve.com

13-Jul-17
Thanks Ace.

13-Jul-17
Maybe someone should start something- could make some serious money if you had enough land. Guys in NY and PA do well. I used to have a spot in Middlebury to hunt a few years ago, but now I don't so need to find somewhere to hunt 9/15 and willing to pay

13-Jul-17
Millstream has some decent ground out Lebanon way. Not sure it's worth a drive from New York. You should go to Ohio. Like everyone said ct and the word outfitter don't really match up. Not trying to push you away but just being honest.

13-Jul-17
Outfitter and ct do go together...usualy after a high end store name...lol

14-Jul-17
Only you notme, only you!

14-Jul-17
I'm really just looking to hunt a few Saturday between 9/15 and early Nov. Guess i'll just start hitting up random people on craigslist with decent acreage offering cash.

14-Jul-17
xbow - not sure it works that way for CT private land hunting. Most of the guys on the site say they knock on doors in the areas where they want to hunt, and be ready for a lot of doors slammed in your face. Hunting is not the norm in CT. Soccer moms protecting Bambi is the norm.

14-Jul-17
It has worked for me in the past. I search for rentals with decent acreage. If people are willing to rent out their house or rooms of their house, many times extra $ for "renting out their land" is a no brainer for them.

Plus I don't waste time/gas driving around.

14-Jul-17
xbow - now that's using you head! I hunt just state land, so no experience with negotiating private, sounds like you have a great process.

14-Jul-17
Pretty sure once you pay to hunt on private property, outside of permitted guided hunts (like Millstream), in CT you negate the Landowner Liability Release and they are now legally responsible for you should you injure yourself or someone else on their property. Just know what your rights and your landowner's rights are beforehand. It's right on page 13 and 14 of the 2017 rule book.

14-Jul-17
Landowners signs the form. I pay $500 to rent the room/house, but I hunt instead of using the inside of the house.

14-Jul-17
How much land is good enough for you to hunt on?

15-Jul-17
Xbow, I'm no outfitter but am fortunate to have some nice pieces to join and hunt if you are interested.

16-Jul-17
Pat, he was at the West Springfield Sportsman Show. He had private land in that area and would set you up on it. I don't remember if he had lodging but you could even do a 2 or 3 day rifle hunt.

17-Jul-17
Bloodtrail- You are correct, great point

• Sitka Gear