goelk 17-Jul-17
tobinsghost 18-Jul-17
jordanathome 18-Jul-17
cnelk 18-Jul-17
Brun 18-Jul-17
tobinsghost 18-Jul-17
Brun 18-Jul-17
15-Jul-17
Heading up in the morning to do more scouting and find a good pack in camp spot. Hoping to find good water and elk sign. Got a new North Face Inferno bag and a new NEMO tent to try out. I guess I can't try out the G20 due to the stage 1 fire ban though.........

16-Jul-17
Hmmmm....posting pics and story on the main elk board.

16-Jul-17
My cameras have been on a 2 week soak. Can't wait to see what's on them. It's early though. My spot was stuffed with elk last opener. 2 weeks ago I didn't see a track or any sign at all. Zero. So don't get too excited if you see elk or too down if you don't.

16-Jul-17
Saw the pictures. I don't think you have to worry about the elk not being there come the rut! Looks like a great spot!!!

16-Jul-17

kadbow's embedded Photo
kadbow's embedded Photo
I heard a bugle this morning, saw a big bunch of cows and calves last night and ran into this trio this morning. That is my cabin in the background.

17-Jul-17

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
Found this spot last year. Put camera's out two weeks ago and picked them up this last weekend

17-Jul-17
That middle pic of the lone bull looks like a brother to the pair I walked into this weekend at 2pm on a sunny slope. Odd spot to find an elk....it was hot up there. I wonder how much more growth they will put on their antlers between now and shedding the fuzz????

17-Jul-17
i see water and what a great find. good luck

18-Jul-17

tobinsghost's embedded Photo
tobinsghost's embedded Photo
Found a nice parcel if BLM land that nobody seems to know about and it had a ton of rubs from last year and lots of old poop!

Then we saw this bad boy with 3 of his buddies on a small piece of private that is surrounded by public!

18-Jul-17
Nice

18-Jul-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I went and looked over a couple of my spots a week ago.

This is a pic of me in my climber last year in a great area we've killed elk in.

And this is what it looks like now...

18-Jul-17
Wow , that sucks. Are they still logging in the area at this time? I was also able to get out yesterday and saw quite a few bulls. I tried to include some pictures, but they were rejected as the wrong format? I'm a dunce at this stuff, so I guess you will just have to take my word. Since I can't show them, I should probably mention that they were all easily over 400"

18-Jul-17
Brun,

You also failed to mention that it was OTC as well!

18-Jul-17
Yes, of course, and they were only 50 yards from a major trailhead, but I had walked 20 miles from the other direction.

• Sitka Gear