Crusader dad 18-Jul-17
Jeff in MN 19-Jul-17
Live2hunt 19-Jul-17
Jeff in MN 19-Jul-17
Live2hunt 19-Jul-17
DoorKnob 20-Jul-17
18-Jul-17

Jeff in MN's Link
See the link. Anyone tried one of these? Any legal issues with Wisconsin law?

I don't have any portable device that I could track it with so probably not a purchase in my near future.

18-Jul-17
Ever have your arrow buried under grass? Or loose an arrow with a broad head shooting from the ground?

18-Jul-17
Someone will buy it. That "someone" is not me. The dumbest damn thing I've ever seen. Now if there was a barbed hook that stayed in the deer, that had a tracking device in it, and stayed in the carcass of the deer, that would be cool....for someone other than me. ;-)

18-Jul-17
A product called Pro Tracker is basically what you described Pete. $500 for the system. Been available for a few years. Originally was $700. Seems to have some merit.

18-Jul-17
I am buying a few right away. I will glue on to Jeff so I know where he is hunting ;-)

18-Jul-17
I almost never get pass throughs. Shoot rage. Big entry's but my arrow falls out anyway. I do use luminocks though and that was awesome to watch my doe run last year. The arrow was still in her even though I had two holes.

This tech isn't for me, if I can't find the deer via bloodtrail or gridding than I chalk it up to my mistake and learn to shoot better next time.

Cool stuff though and it would Be fun to be on a track with one of these if the arrow stayed in the whole time. You could mark waypoints and blood and learn a lot.

19-Jul-17
Smokey, you better check your truck. I was talking to the warden the other day and he said they had a tracker on your truck that reports your position via satellite.

19-Jul-17
I've had them on Smokey and Jeff for a couple years now for when I'm up in there neck of the woods. They work great!

19-Jul-17
L2H, I forgot where I parked my truck. Can you send me the gps coordinates so I can find it? But use a private message, I don't want all of bowsite to know where it is. One of those goof balls (Smokey) might get to it before I do.

19-Jul-17
He did already and it looks like he stripped it.

20-Jul-17
Range: Class 1: range up to 100 meters (in most cases 20-30 meters) Class 2: range up to 30 meters (in most cases 5-10 meters)

That seems useful. If you lost the blood walk until your phone sees the device.

Move around and triangulate it.

• Sitka Gear