Drop Tine 20-Jul-17
Konk1 21-Jul-17
Drop Tine 21-Jul-17
ground hunter 21-Jul-17
Drop Tine 21-Jul-17
18-Jul-17

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
For our anniversary my wife purchased me new binoculars. Vortex 12x50 and I wanted something other than the elastic harness type like on my pair of Zen Rays. The harness is great for short glossing sessions. But fighting the elastic for longer sessions will wear on you. (at least me)

I looked at lots of cases and reviews online and settled on the Alaska Guides Creations harness. Got it in the mail today and put it on and set it up with the Vortex.

Initial review is 5 out of 5 stars. The only thing I'm not sure on is the little side pockets. One on each side. While big enough for a wind checker, chapstick, lenses cleaner cloth. The zipper opens from the bottom up. If it opens just part way you could loose the contents. Not sure that's even an issue though as time will tell.

Can't wait to get this quality U.S. made product out in the field this fall.

18-Jul-17
Awesome gift!

18-Jul-17
Have you tried drawing and shooting a bow with it on?

18-Jul-17
Yep, the angle of the string clears it.

20-Jul-17
Looks kind of big and bulky to be carrying around in the front, more like a chest pack. Everybody has their own wants and needs, hope it works for you.

20-Jul-17
Camera makes it look bigger than it is. It's about the same size as my ball cap. Just big enough for the 12x50 binoculars.

21-Jul-17
Boy the camera REALLY does make it look bigger then. Do the binos go in the top and go in and out easily? Let us know how this works out for you.

21-Jul-17
Yes, they go in the top. My 12x50 fit snug in it. Without the lens caps it slides easy. But like I say they don't bounce or rattle around inside. That pouch in front is just large enough to hold a range finder if that helps give a size. For my older shoulders I like it better than my butler creek harness. That type I nearly dislocate my shoulders putting it on. For what we spend on glass it wanted something that offers full protection when not in use.

21-Jul-17
Your case looks bigger than mine, but of course it is a photo... Nice gift...... I like my chest holder, I have Styrkas' 8 by 42, and it comes with a chest case, fits nice, easily shoot my bow

21-Jul-17
I looked at the Styrkas and they appeared to be very good glass. My son dose not live far from the Vortex company so if I ever have an issue it's real easy to stop in there. Never had a issue though so I just stop in to see what's new and get a hat or couple shirts once in a while.

• Sitka Gear