tobinsghost 19-Jul-17
oldgoat 19-Jul-17
goelk 20-Jul-17
jordanathome 20-Jul-17
discgolfk9 20-Jul-17
19-Jul-17

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
I know, I know, I should shoot year round but I don't. I usually start up in July. I develop issues the more I shoot so this approach works best for me. Statring to dial in the form and accuracy at 30 yards. Will do this most nights between now and the opener. One atrow needs fletching help. Lol. This are last years leftovers. Once I get more time in will switch to the new .166 VAP Gamers which I am hunting with this year tipped with Magnus Black Hornets 125gr.

Anyone else put off practice this late?

19-Jul-17
I do some years sometimes. Went to Alaska at the end of May, so I shot a ton before that and average 2 to 3 times per week since. I ramp it up from now until the opener and shoot more before I go to Nebraska in November. Out to 50 yards now and feeling confident. I'll try 60 next week!

19-Jul-17
I shoot trad, taking much time off isn't an option and I wouldn't want too! I'm an Archer as much as a bowhunter, it's my passion year round! To each there own though, it's not a one size fits all sport!

20-Jul-17
i shoot trad too and shoot almost everyday. works for me. i practice from 40 yards mostly but i will not shoot an animal that far. My comfort range is 30 yards on in. Average kill shot for me is less than 15 yards. I pass on a bull last year 13 steps. He caught me before I could pull back my bow and I was waiting for him to walk by me but it caught my scent and i didn't what to take a bad shot. Tried to stop him with cow calls but he was to far out for me than. FUN! Good shooting jordanathome

20-Jul-17
As you can see from corner of the poor shed.....I was a little wide right starting out. LOL Landlady will not be happy......... :(

20-Jul-17
As said above I am an archer and enjoy shooting year round. If it is cold or wet outside I am indoors shooting 3 or 5 spot year round. As soon as the weather is nice I move to the outdoor 3D ranges. On average I shoot about 150 arrows a week. About 2 to 3 weeks before season I only shoot 1 arrow per day. This gets me into the mind set of making the 1 arrow count.

• Sitka Gear