Pete-pec 20-Aug-17
20-Jul-17
Thanks Pat

21-Jul-17
3 people? probably just one :)

21-Jul-17
Test, good made the cut.

21-Jul-17
I hope this page can be great again. It had devolved into being dominated by people posessed with making everything about RC, baiting, hatred for private landowners and food plots, the Conservation Congress, or just not letting people have their own opinions in general. Bullying is not part of good discussion.

Let's get back to talking about hunting and improving our natural resources.

21-Jul-17
Thanks Pat.

21-Jul-17
awesome PAT!

21-Jul-17
Good news.

21-Jul-17
Ya know, when whoever that was, that posted a thread about "ignoring" some posters who are playing the role of "bully" - I thought that was a good idea and I noticed that everyone seemed to be a little kinder and compliment each other a little more.

I suffer from "CRS" (Cant Remember Shitz) and I cant remember the posters name - but just the same, good job, good thought, 2 thumbs up! "If ya cant say something nice....don't say it at all"... Outstanding!

21-Jul-17
Thank you Pat.

21-Jul-17
This site seems tame compared to the CF.

21-Jul-17
Two Feathers, I concur with that and it is probably the biggest understatement of the day!

I hope my passion did not cause any of the fallout. We ought to be able to respectfully disagree, and I think BT and I did that. In fact, we did disagree on a topic that I would never participate again on with the CF. There was no name calling here.

Thanks.

21-Jul-17
CF?

21-Jul-17
Community forum?!

21-Jul-17
You're right about the CF but I think Pat lets that one have a lot more leeway because it's not necessarily hunting related stuff.

We here police ourselves quite well I'd say and usually Pat keeps out of it which I appreciate. Sometimes however, the outsider/boss has to reel things back in a little bit. Thank you Pat. You've provided us a place to make friends air our grievances and sometimes talk hunting! I appreciate that and all this site stands for.

21-Jul-17
Since Pat is here? Tell me why I've been revoked/block from sending PM's! It says there have been complains about me and so forth! If this is True, then advise me. I truly believe this is not true? Others have complained about PM's and so forth! So please email me and let me know what's going on!

21-Jul-17
If there was just one option that could benefit the guys who cannot learn to ignore people, it would be a blocker. Pat, I just wish you could somehow get this option added. It wouldn't resolve everything, but it would resolve plenty.

21-Jul-17
But Pete, if everyone had the option to block then we'd all be blocked on certain threads. Then it's just be one guy talking to himself the whole time and I do that to much already.

If the OP had that authority than he'd block everyone that disagrees with him and no one would ever change their opinion. We are still by far and away the best state forum even when we act like idiots. I like that we can argue and disagree with one another. Connecticut is good but they all get along too well and that just doesn't seem right. Every other state is either dead or almost dead.

21-Jul-17
Too much. Not to much. Excuse the grammar please. I still haven't found a way to edit any of my posts or pics. I'd rather see that on here.

21-Jul-17
What this site needs is a moderator. Not a block button.

Still a couple guys remaining that enjoy getting under others skin and enjoy bringing the bad out of good people. It is what it is though.

21-Jul-17
I use to post back in the day when Smokey,Bhuda, FredBear, SteveD, ect, before Serbianshark arrived and then it went to a 'I'm better than you cat fight'' that really needed to be taken in the back alley by some so-call tough guys behind the thread, (I lived for 20 yrs on the n.e side Monroe/Jackson Co. from Ft. McCoy and seen a lot of the deer destruction since the T-Zone). I now live right across the Big River (taxes cheaper, no baiting and limited x-bow) but hunt both sides, I can understand the lost of interaction with fellow bowhunters on this state site, the knowledgeable ones just left that doesn't need the grieve of the few. I remember getting deleted over the bait and x-bow political issues, in the end we all lose, thank you very much (the x-bow season is the big one that was to be a study for 2yrs,not). Will continue to lurk and reply when I read stupid but maybe not. Enjoy your hunt.-JJ

21-Jul-17
Egos. Huge egos are the downfall of many.

21-Jul-17
Woodsdweller(rc), neverbait, and HunterR?

21-Jul-17
It would be nice to shut the Wisconsin site down, it's embarrassing

21-Jul-17
thanks pat

21-Jul-17
Nobody is forcing you to be here, Fireman. If you don't enjoy the content, please move along.

21-Jul-17
You know most of us, myself included, need that reminder and I'm for it from Pat and others to try and tone it down. I really enjoy the site, I like "most" of those that post and I think the idea and comments that float around are enlightening, sometimes frustrating but always entertaining.

Thanks to those who make the site great!

22-Jul-17
BT, "Thanks to those that make this site great." Does that feeling extend to those who differ in opinion with you? For me it does!

22-Jul-17
Thanks Pat.

22-Jul-17
Even this thread is slowing heating up! unbelievable

22-Jul-17
I'll never understand why site administrators don't get rid of the cancer as soon as he is noticed. He brings out only the worst in people with his passive aggressive ways and brings very little benefit to any community. In the 10 years or so I have been visiting hunting forums the same person has been removed over and over again. Yet when he pops back up, some sites allow him to continue his antics until they have to issue a statement such as this one. Seems like this would be one of those times being proactive would be better than reactive.

22-Jul-17
Pat I think you do a great job with all the forum's you keep track of . Fireman love the positive feedback .

22-Jul-17
Great post Pat!

23-Jul-17
Crusader, that's what people don't understand. They so badly want to sell their opinion, but very very few people are open minded enough to change their viewpoint, let alone even read the words that have been typed. I personally don't need an ignore button. I know how to not respond. It has very little to do with ignoring people with an opposing view, and more to do with ignoring people who are just plain annoying. I give a rat's ass if someone blocks me. Likely I already don't like them. I'll add that I have had several differing viewpoints with several people on here, but I keep it civil, and I don't lie about my intentions. I hunt private land. Very little of the hot topics truly apply to my hunting if I was to look at it selfishly. I still have an opinion, but I don't live under the false pretense that I'll change someone else's opinion. I only hope they can argue without looking like a jackass. I honestly couldn't tell you who was bounced, because they are a ghost to me. I ignore their words as soon as they post. If they start a thread, I don't even open them. Oh, I'm here every day. I just might not have an opinion about the topic at hand. I'd rather talk about techniques and methods, than wade through a topic where no one is listening. I'd bet that the vast majority of people here have the same mindset. I know there are more people wanting to join in, but feel the same as I. Look at the bloodtrail challenges. A lot of unrecognizable names from Wisconsin who are obvious members of Bowsite, yet they don't participate here? Why is that? The vast majority of people don't like confrontation.

23-Jul-17
Pete, I noticed that as well when looking at the scores on there.

23-Jul-17
Well done again Pat. I believe that the vast majority of people here concur with you getting rid of the people who continue to only post to get under people's skin. The problem is that the banned will be back again (probably already) under yet another moniker pretending not to be who everyone knows they are.

Thanks again Pat. It will be tame here again for a short while.

23-Jul-17
Hope I am not on the hit list....................................

23-Jul-17
Do these guys get a warning first? Or some sort of temp ban?

23-Jul-17
Razor you and everyone else are apart of the good guys. Most of us have been part of something negative. I regret saying things I shouldn't have. I usually apologize when I'm wrong. Some others are simply better at staying away from the BS. Hats off to them. I just want this site to flourish into something better.

In my (strong) opinion. There are still 2 here that should have been booted a looooonnnnnggg and time ago. We know who they are.

23-Jul-17
I have not noticed anyone with 'Warning Stars' by their name. What happened? Were stars eliminated or hasn't anyone been handing them out?

23-Jul-17
My son has started a site and this is part of their rules for the site. It seems to be working fine for them. Not saying this for bowsite though.

We are invite only. This will mean you have to be open as a real person, and that the quality of people should remain high over a long period of time. So if we keep good people in, and a--holes out, we should be good. But if someone were to become a troll and say hurtful, racist, or sexist remarks, they will lose their account.

This is where the important part comes in about invites...Each member gets only a couple invites to hand out. So if that a--hole got kicked out, he is going to have to look really damn hard to be able to get back onto our site. And frankly it would not be worth his time or others to give him another chance.

The community will be one big moderator. If you stumble onto Jack Jackson from Mobile, AL spewing retoric, you can flag his comment, and we can kick him off. That way we won't have to worry about constantly patrolling the site.

We've got a plan of action on how to keep this a friendly, good group of people.

29-Jul-17
Hoot - Bowsite has "rules" as well, but doesn't seemed to be enforced. Maybe because there are so many folks on here - to big of a job! I think folks should have to post with their real name. Other sites I visit for falconry ALWAYS require that.

I agree we do have many good posters here and most are very polite.

29-Jul-17
That whole real name thing is great. Until the unsavory types like the ones that got booted, start stalking your FB and other social media. What's the point of having a "handle" if you have to also list your real name. I definitely think the site admin and mods should have your real name and info. But imo that is the only person it should be seen by unless you give it out.

29-Jul-17
I like the real name scenario... Enough hiding behind some feux name(s) to serve as Multiple Personalty Disorders.

Thanks for posting, Pat L. Unfortunately many have tired of the never ending bickering.

30-Jul-17
Howdy Duke!!

Yes, Rut I see your point and it's a good one. I know all my falconry sits I visit make us use real names.

I think when people have to post their real identity they would be less likely to spout off so boldly and belittle and name call.

I don't know...seems to work elsewhere!

Thanks!!

30-Jul-17
Well, again, I'm Shane Honore'. Anything I ever post is said because that's how I feel. I have had my mind changed when someone had a legit reason for me to feel I should change it so argue away and I'll decide accordingly.

I like real names too. I'm not ashamed of who I am or afraid to put my name behind what I stand for. If you are, then leave. This is the only hunting site I ever have intentions of going on. When I finally learn all there is to know about hunting or get pissed enough about your bickering I'll quit. Until then, here I am. Like me or hate me. I don't care. Have a good night though.

Sincerely, wasted Shane!!!

30-Jul-17
Any of the forums that I have been on for awhile the regulars all know my real name. I am not ashamed, nor hiding. It wouldn't be real tough to match my pics with pics/name on FB and other places online. I agree with every reason to use real names, I also agree with a lot of reasons not to. I have been a victim of online ID theft. That occurred more than 10 years ago and I still don't have everything resolved. It's scarey as hell, so I'm a little more cautious than I used to be. If anyone that's a regular on here that doesn't already know my name really needs it, just pm me.

30-Jul-17
Well I posted my last name once, and would again, but I also share the same name with a POS that lives one county away that has three pages of circuit court incidents. I know people were using WI CCAP to search people's records. Got nothing to hide, but would hate for someone to judge my character because I'm unfortunate enough to share the same name with him. Can I put my last name with an asterisk that defines I'm not him? No. Are there people searching people's names on CCAP? Yes. I have my real name on Facebook, but you still have catfish on there. There's simply crappy people in this world. Avoid them. Don't interact with them. These pathetically lonely people want attention at any cost. Often that leads to seeking negative attention. Pay attention to who those people are on here. Are they adding value, or are they continually mumbling those same stupid things over and over? Just sayin' lol

So while I agree with knowing people are, who they say they are, I believe an active moderator is a much better idea. If the site was moderated adequately, those same people wouldn't last long, once they started doing what they do. I mean how many times does that one guy have to come back, before you can figure out who it is? Ignore them, and you can moderate the group yourself. Reply, and you feed them. Many of you have figured it out, but there is always someone willing to take the bait, and all you end up with is sour apples. Actually the people who go back and forth with these ghosts, are really no better than the guys who everyone seems to detest.

30-Jul-17
Fella's I appreciate your concerns and understand them about the real names. For sometime I kinda worried about those issues myself - but nothings happened and the vast majority here have been good to me. I really do appreciate that! We have some very intelligent and good info type people here. I have learned much over the years!

Just saying I understand....

31-Jul-17
You can also send me a PM if you need moderator help to address problems. Be careful though because sometimes the guy who throws the first punch is the one that complains. Not good. Last year we had over 2.2 million different IP addresses on Bowsite so 100% control is difficult.

31-Jul-17
Thanks Charlie. Who are all the moderators nowadays of the WI forums. The Alert button was a nice feature that went away with the latest software release. I know Pat does not have time to handle everything. TBM was an issue on the BGF and he was properly addressed like others have been over the years.

31-Jul-17
2.2 million? Wow I would have never guessed that high

31-Jul-17
Charlie you guys should sell Bowsite.com T-shirts that state "I'm a 3%er" for the guys who post!!

01-Aug-17
Thanks Pat, that is why I don't come here often. I guess it has been a while. What happened, RC show up again?

01-Aug-17
He did GVS and once again - he's gone!! Too bad as he is so talented - but he just cant play well with others I guess?

01-Aug-17
Ohhh, he's still here. He's just waiting for things to cool down again before he picks a new name and comes back. I actually really like him and appreciate his input on most things. He's very talented but like BT said, his computer posting skills rub a lot the wrong way. He's just got his opinions and hasn't figured out how to share them in a constructive way. I do hope that one day he can come back and be a part of the group. He is very knowledgeable and very willing to help a newbie or anyone else that needs it. Both myself and Tweed can attest to that personally.

01-Aug-17
Crusader dad, you are exactly right. RC is extremely talented and can be a very good contributor. I think he is probably a pretty decent guy in person. But a computer is his alcohol and he is the instant a$$hole just add "alcohol".

01-Aug-17
Excellent observation men - he had some great tutorials on many different topics. I heard a SoundBit once of him talking on a subject - nothing like the guy on the computer - polite and well spoken. In person I think I might find a good man. I hope someday to chat with him. Time will tell.

17-Aug-17
Thanks Pat! I see it's still a work in process. BC

17-Aug-17
Did Pete Pac get the boot?

I really didn't think he was a problem.

17-Aug-17
Pete's post is still in this thread so he was not booted. Nor should he be. He's one of the good guys here.

17-Aug-17

17-Aug-17
When people get booted, their posts are deleted. Pete's post is in here still.

20-Aug-17
Been away for a spell. Sounds like some things haven't changed - nevertheless it would appear that most of you have been well. Following some serious health problems a few of you have recovered and healed.

The rest of you are thriving or status-quo.

We've killed 26 whitetails off of our 80 in 2015-2016. Still up to our elbows in deer on the Door peninsula. Wishing everyone a successful hunt this season. Be careful out there.

Cheers!

20-Aug-17
Turkey hunter. I believe things are changing. I believe the environment is much improved. Not everyone is going to get along, but I think we can discuss issues like men, versus the back and forth banter. I believe the culture of friendly behavior is embraced by all. I hope you join in, and add to what's happening, and that is a much friendlier place as of late.

• Sitka Gear