onX Maps
Golf outing with DNR Director McDaniel
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
JayD 24-Jul-17
gobbler 24-Jul-17
24-Jul-17
Had the pleasure to play 18 holes with Director McDaniel yesterday at Cacapon State park. Must say I am impressed with him and from my experiences the last few months with corresponding with him by email - he seems like a top notch guy! I think he truly cares about WV and the citizens here - this all happened from me sending an email to the Govenor about my concerns with allowing some areas within our Parks (mainly with in the golf course) to grow wild and not to be mowed. There are some strategic areas where they need to mow to keep pace of playing moving along better and areas nearby which they can let grow. He listened and expressed his thoughts very positively. I actually feel as though not only did I meet the director but have met a new friend! We discussed fishing and hunting as well during our lightening fast pace of play! LOL we finished our round in just a little over 3 hours! I like his ideas and I feel like he wants some changes from both the outdoorsmen and outdoors-women of WV along with the DNR to make some changes. I wish him all the luck in the world because it is not very easy to please some of the hardheaded individuals we have in this state which includes me! Just look at our debates in this forum sometimes! LOL I also got to personally meet with Gobbler for a few minutes and it was nice to finally meet in person instead of just seeing a profile pic.

24-Jul-17
JayD, I enjoyed finally getting to meet you also. I felt like I knew you because we have talked for years but had never actually met you. LOL. My only regret is we didn't have much time to talk. Maybe next time.

• Sitka Gear