razorhead 25-Jul-17
smokey 27-Jul-17
Konk1 02-Aug-17
Sam I Am 02-Aug-17
longspeak74 02-Aug-17
happygolucky 02-Aug-17
Sam I Am 03-Aug-17
24-Jul-17
Couple people have recommended using a lighted nock during my upcoming bear hunt. Can anyone else "shed some light" on this? I see there's a few company's out there...

24-Jul-17
I have used nothing but Nocturnals on my recurve and now on my compound,,,, I have never had a problem with them, I just love a lighted nock......I always shot red, but now I have blue...... you have to look at the package, to see what fits your arrow shafts......

I have old eyes, but it is easy to turn off, with a sharp point,,,, any archery shop that carries them, will show you how,,,,,,,

good luck on the hunt, put that arrow right thru the middle and he is done

25-Jul-17
I'd agree. Practice with them but I've found they do not change my arrow flight enough to worry about. They are a great aid to help you see your shot placement and will help you find your arrow with a pass through shot.

25-Jul-17
Good tools but use caution when shooting at alerted or cautious deer. Arrows are fast but a lighted nock will give that smart doe another advantage when string jumping.

25-Jul-17
Thanks for the info guys...just ordered me up some!

25-Jul-17
https://wildcountrygear.com/products/6-pc-lighted-nocks

25-Jul-17
i sell mainly Lumenoks , Nocturnals and for the guys that don't mind spending 20+ a nock Firenocks . Also at 20 yards i have seen them shoot pretty much the same but also i've seen them shoot 3 inches off . Since on he way to a deer the light is behind the arrow so i don't see it having much effect on a deer unless its being shot at dark . I tell people when you change anything always shoot and see if you have to resight . Also just because you don't see much change at 20 doesn't mean you wont at 40 .

25-Jul-17
I used nocturnalsfor the first time last year. They are awesome.

25-Jul-17
I have friends who shoot lumenocks, no complaints on them either

25-Jul-17
I figured 3 @ $39 for Lumenocks or 6 @$29 for the others, I couldn't go wrong.

25-Jul-17
After reading an article reviewing 4 or 5 brands of lighted knocks, I chose Clear Shot. These seemed to be the easiest to turn on & off and can be shut off completely. They come with 3 different sized collars to fit multiple arrow sizes.

25-Jul-17
At one time I made my own. I used the same nocks that I use with my arrows and placed a bobber light in them. A little bit of work but saved money once I got the hang of it. Now I can't afford to but lighted nocks but have been thinking of making a video for here that shows what they look like from a deer's perspective.

25-Jul-17
every lighted nock that I have used, was a pass thru,,,,,, smokey very cool, I would like to see how you do that, very cool

27-Jul-17
To make your own lighted nocks search for "DIY lighted nocks". That will give you a bunch of videos on how to do this.

02-Aug-17
I use Nocturnal nocks. Switched to these from Fire Nocks. If anyone is interested in a good deal on some Fire Nocks send me a PM

02-Aug-17
I have been using nocturnals for the past few years - Was just in Cabelas Sunday and they had them on sale at 50% off

02-Aug-17
Which Cabela's?

02-Aug-17
I switched a couple years ago from Lumenocks to Nocturnals due to failures with the Lumenocks. No issues yet with Nocturnals.

03-Aug-17
Cabelas was Greenville SC - Sorry about that - After being in Wisconsin 48 years and just having moved here I still tend to call the Wisconsin page my home.

• Sitka Gear