Teeton 22-Aug-17
Phil Magistro 22-Aug-17
Rut Nut 23-Aug-17
Bob McArthur 23-Aug-17
Rut Nut 24-Aug-17
Bowhunting 5C 25-Aug-17
Rut Nut 25-Aug-17
26-Jul-17
If I put in for my second doe tag on August 7 (in mail) in the unit that i hunt 3c,, can I still put in also for unit 5c,,, as on same date you can put in,, in mail for as many 5c doe tags as you want?? Below is how game-com web site reads.

"UNSOLD LICENSES IN 2B, 5C AND 5D: Applications for an unlimited number of licenses in these WMUs can be made by mail only beginning Monday, August 7, 2017. Over-the-counter sales in these WMUs begin Monday, August 28, 2017."

Ed

26-Jul-17
Good question. I'd be curious in the answer.

26-Jul-17
Me too..

26-Jul-17
Yes you can. You can even use the same envelope with two separate applications.

27-Jul-17
Yes Ed. But to clarify what was just posted above.............................if you are sending to 2 different WMU's(ie 3C and 5C), then they need to be in SEPARATE envelopes. Even if you are sending to the same county treasurer.

Also, if you are applying for more than 3 tags in one WMU, you need to use separate envelopes. in other words only 3 apps in one envelope, even if they are for the same WMU (and going to the same county treasurer)

27-Jul-17
No, I disagree. they can be in the same envelope... You just can not exceed 3. Mark the front of the envelope and send them off together. You will be fine.

27-Jul-17
Guess they changed it then. I will still send them in different envelopes, though. Just to avoid confusion! ;-)

27-Jul-17
You can, but the only confusion is yours... :) Seriously, you can send them anywhere you want and they will process and for as many different WMU as you want and it will get processed... Good luck

27-Jul-17
Thanks- you too!

27-Jul-17
Doe tag threads crack me up.

28-Jul-17
They crack me up too. All I wanna know is........... When am I getting mine and why do they still have it since my check was cashed?

03-Aug-17
I made the process real simple. I just hunt without them!! :)

07-Aug-17
I don't understand why they hold the licenses either. don't we put a return stamp on the envelope?

07-Aug-17
Yep- I was awarded my 3D tag on July 12th. Have yet to get it in the mail. Others I have talked to have gotten them already. (first round)

07-Aug-17
1st round is already in my license holder....was awarded my 2nd round at 9:36am this morning. I'll have that one in hand next week. Gotta love the Montgomery county treasurer!! :-)

07-Aug-17
I thought Montgomery was gonna get overwhelmed with apps this round since it was in the SRA? Isn't that what somebody said in the other thread? ;-)

07-Aug-17
I sent two envelopes to Montgomery County - one for 5B and one with two apps for 5C. Mailed them on Friday. Haven't been awarded any yet. The first round was awarded on the first Monday.

08-Aug-17
Let us know when you get awarded Phil!

I sent to 2 different but neighboring counties on Friday. Got awarded my 2D tag at 11:17 and got awarded my 5C tags at 12:57 yesterday.

Now, the County Treasurer that gets them back to me the quickest will be getting(all) my business next year! ;-)

08-Aug-17
Still nothing as of 10:15 this morning.

08-Aug-17
Montgomery County (Norristown) has been terrible the last 3 years... They get pummeled with tags. The last few years have been weeks to get processed, not days... Weeks. I started sending to Chester and Bucks, I got all of them awarded yesterday and today. 2 Days, not weeks like Montgomery. And people that send down there for the time sensitive ones like the upper tier tags, good luck with that. Lehigh was also poor as well.. Berks was still a week plus. Good luck out there.

08-Aug-17
Well, I guess either Josh got very lucky this year or he knows somebody at the Montgomery Co. Treasurer's office! ;-)

08-Aug-17
LMBO, Perry!

My secret is taping a $50 bill to the back of the envelope...I'm pretty sure that moves my pink envelope to the top of the pile. I also usually include a note, asking Phil Magistro's pink envelope to be moved to the bottom. I'm pretty sure RC does the same. :-)

08-Aug-17
LOL! :)

08-Aug-17
Nothing today Perry.

09-Aug-17
Geez Phil! I'm beginning to think somebody put the HEX on you! ;-)

09-Aug-17
Maybe a stupid question here, but why worry about when you get them as long as you get them a couple of weeks before the season starts? I know there are WMUs where the doe season starts a bit earlier, but for the others we have approx. 2 months before the season starts. I never had a problem getting them before the season with the County Treasurer I send them to. Maybe others have and that is a reason people are on edge. I understand some should be quicker since they are quick to cash the check and we provide the stamp. Just asking, have others had problems receiving tags after the season starts?

09-Aug-17
It's just a bowsite ritual every year where all the doe hunters come together and hold hands while crying, I want my doe tags, I want my doe tags. Boo Hoo Hoo:)

09-Aug-17
tobywon, there have been instances where the licenses did not arrive in time for the season in 5C.

09-Aug-17
tobywon- one yr I got my doe tag the day before the season opened. It didn't cause a problem, but did have me wondering if I was gonna have to hunt buck ONLY for a week. Luckily it came with just in time!

County Treasurers have until Sept. 11 to send out licenses. Season opens on Sept. 16 in SRA's. What happens if it is Sept. 14 and you still don't have a licesnse yet? Even if you fill out one of those replacement forms for a lost tag, no way are you getting it back for the 16th!

In my opinion the Country Treasurer's should have 2 weeks to send them out once the tags are awarded! Why do they need to hold onto them? Makes no sense and could cause big problems!

09-Aug-17
Ahhhh...I see. Yes that is not good. They should have them to you earlier than that. I hope I didn't just jinx myself now saying I've never had a problem.

10-Aug-17
Perry, 9:30 on Thursday and still no license from Montgomery County.

10-Aug-17
Hang in there Phil! I guess my decision to look for alternative Treasurers this year was a good one! ;-)

10-Aug-17
I think it was a wise decision. Still nothing at 2:23.

10-Aug-17
RC, dude... You must have nothing better to do... A really bored dude you are....

10-Aug-17
John , the fishing is good in here:)

10-Aug-17
All my 5D & 5C tags were issued to me today from the MontCo Treasurer office.

10-Aug-17
Bob... 3 words... "Play the lottery" you sir are one lucky dude or you knew someone.

10-Aug-17
Awarded

10-Aug-17
Still nothing awarded today in this round from Montgomery County. The first round I was awarded right off the bat. Guess that was just lucky.

11-Aug-17
Phil, sorry man. They are terrible now. Lancaster or Bucks or Chester.. Never Montgomery again. Never.

11-Aug-17
I sent mine out on Monday for 5c, as of a one minute ago still none. Ed

11-Aug-17
Quit your bellyaching, girls.

11-Aug-17
Bob, that's funny right there... If you sent into a courthouse and it was for a hotly contested WMU and time was not on your side, but the treasurer for that county sat on your application or slowly processed them (which is the case here) you would be angry as well when they run out. As happened las year, a treasurer's office came down with the flu, there was one person processing them, hundreds of applicants that applied way before those awarded were shut out simply because they did not do their jobs.... It iss wrong. Would you like it?

11-Aug-17
This is why they need to take the COUNTRY TREASURER's OUT of the equation! ;-)

11-Aug-17
I got my tags, so what do I care if people who routinely gets 20+ tags don't gets theirs? :)

Seriously, I heard there was a problem at MontCo the other day because of the enormous volume they received. I'd call them, maybe they can move your applications along...610-278-3070. Make sure you have your CID# when you call.

11-Aug-17
BTW, I sent my applications out with last Friday's mail.

Have you heard the one about the early bird getting the worm?

11-Aug-17
I sent mine last Friday also. As of 3:55 today none were awarded yet. Not getting 20 either. :)

11-Aug-17
Hell I'm still waiting on last years tag.

11-Aug-17
all of my tags have been awarded. on 3 different days. all were sent together

I think it just takes them multiple days to go through them all

bill v

11-Aug-17
I was just talking to a friend who works down at the Bucks County Courthouse and they received over 5,000 pink envelopes this week. Said they might even have people working over the weekend to process them. So don't panic if they didn't get processed yet (unless you live in Emmaus, and you used the blue mailbox in front of the post office to mail your tags. Mail was stolen from the blue mailbox over the weekend!).

11-Aug-17
Not like we need any, but this is all the more reason to ditch this whole stupid, outdated procedure.

Ohio uses the same PALS system, and you can drive over there DURING THE SEASON, walk into a Walmart, or wherever, and buy your hunting license and doe tags you need, walk out and go hunt that same day. Again, same system Pa has in place. They just have to ditch the application process and county treasurer handling of the doe tags.

14-Aug-17
Smoke- you got your apps stolen???!!!

BTW, I got my first round doe tag on Sat. It was awarded back on July 11, so only took them 32 days to get it to me! ;-)

14-Aug-17
the mail man must think I'm a psycho killer. I had 5 envelopes show up together today in the mail

:)

14-Aug-17
My two 5C tags were awarded this morning at 9:49. Now just one more 5B to go.

14-Aug-17
Praise The Lord:)

14-Aug-17
Halleluja! :)

14-Aug-17
Still no 5c tag awarded to me. I sent out on last Monday. My friend sent his out to the same treasures on the same day. got his awarded on Thursday, his was for 3c. I sent for two 5c tags, wondering if that treasure never had anyone send for two 5c tags and the person filling tags, did know that you can sent in, in the second round for more than one tag for some other units. Wondering if I'm going to get kicked back?????? Ed

14-Aug-17
I gotta hurry up and send for mine. 2B only has 52083 tags left.. Ah heck, I'll just walk into the court house and buy 20 of em over the counter. Don't see what all the fuss is about!

14-Aug-17
Save your money. You don't kill deer anyway.

14-Aug-17
Ed- I think by now the Treasurer's should know. Did you send to one of the SRA treasurers? I heard Bucks county got 3,000 envelopes last wed. alone!

14-Aug-17
At 1:52 my last tag was awarded. Next year I'll try a different county treasurer.

14-Aug-17
Congrats Phil! ;-)

14-Aug-17
Nut,, I sent to Susquehanna

14-Aug-17
You guys are doing well, I'm still waiting for my regular license to arrive...

15-Aug-17
I wouldn't think Susquehanna would get flooded. Maybe they got pulled from the doe tags to do something else?

15-Aug-17
Roy, do you need cartridges for your printer?

15-Aug-17
Just got new ones, Phil:)

15-Aug-17
Bill V, dig it.. killing doe is an integral part of seeing more bucks... Big ole' fat doe are a lot of fun.. And tasty.

16-Aug-17
well as of this morning still no 5c tags awarded. yet guys that sent in 8/7 for 3C have had tags awarded 7 days ago. Thinking of calling tres office or sending in for 5C to Lackawanna Co tomorrow. Ed

16-Aug-17
Do not wait any longer... make the call or send in for more.

16-Aug-17
Yeah, I'd call and try to find out what is going on Ed. You didn't forget to put stamps on it, did you??? ;-)

16-Aug-17
noped,, i didn't forget stamps

16-Aug-17
Did you forget to sign your check? ;-)

16-Aug-17
I know I put stamp on them as I went to post office to get stamps. 4 missing from book. 2 for envelopes to lacka co for 3c tag and 2 to Susqu Co for the 2 5c tags. "did I forget to sign check" At this point I don't know. But should I of not gotten my Envelope back if I forgot to sign it????

16-Aug-17

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

17-Aug-17
hog

bowsite

17-Aug-17
sorry Bob. couldn't help myself

Steve. did you see that?

bill v

17-Aug-17
LOL! :)

Hey Bob- maybe you can help out Ed? Sign a couple of them over to him so he can hunt 5C this year! ;-)

Ed- yeah, I would think by now if something was wrong you would have gotten them back by now. Now the question is........................................did your envelope even make it to the courthouse???!!! I would call ASAP to try to find out what happened.

Just ANOTHER reason to go to PALS! Don't have to mess with the USPS!

17-Aug-17
Will be heading downtown Pgh to pick up 8 (2B) tags for me and 3 for my son.

17-Aug-17
Well I just got off phone with Susqu County tres office. Here is what I was told, First it was because Lackawanna County gave me a doe tag before them, as on 8/7.17 I sent one to Lacka Co for a 3c tag and on same day I sent for two for 5c to Susquehanna Co .. She said that Because Lackawanna gave me a tag on 8/10 I can not get tags for 5c. After I told her I could she went on to say I could not of gotten a tag because my check was wrong,, the check was made out for 2 doe tags and I'm 100% sure that I put two applications for 5c, not 1 application like she said i did. Change of story after the first thing she told me was wrong. And no they have not sent my application back. WTF!!!! I called the Game Comm just to check to see if I was wrong and I was right,,,,, right after getting off the phone with her..

17-Aug-17
That stinks Ed! What a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( We have to get our local legislators on this ASAP and finally put an end to this REDICULOUS system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-Aug-17
Bob, did you take pictures of mine? Sure looks familiar... 5C and 5D fistful of tags and a target rich environment....

17-Aug-17
Bob, Actually you got the same number as I did.... What are the odds?

17-Aug-17
Bob must get a Christmas card from the PGC every year! ;-)

17-Aug-17
Bob's a deer watcher. he buys a tag for everyone he sees out his kitchen window. :)

17-Aug-17
I couldn't afford to buy one for every deer I saw out my window. I promised my neighbors that I'd kill a couple more than usual this year.

17-Aug-17
Bob, way to go... Shoot more doe.. See more bucks....

18-Aug-17
Bob. get the whole neighborhood on board and we'll do some pushes in january

18-Aug-17
Well yesterday I sent my 5c tags back out to Lackawanna co. Tomorrow I will send my other out to Lacka Co. and hope to get a 3C tag. Never will I send to Susquehanna Co again!!!! Ed

18-Aug-17
Ed- "the List" is growing! ;-)

So did you get your apps back from Susky Co? Or did you just send in NEW apps to Lackawanna?

18-Aug-17
I just sent a new one to Lacka. As of yesterday Susqu still had my old app. After they reject it how long after do they have to send it back?

21-Aug-17
Lackawanna County is the bestest. Mailed tags/app out for 5c Thursday got them today,,Mailed tag out for 3c Saturday got it today. Also second round doe app was filled in 4 days after mailing. Thank you Lackawanna co..

21-Aug-17
Glad it worked for ya, Ed.

21-Aug-17
....and the sad thing is, this is 2017 and we're still mailing the damn things, two stamped envelopes, filling out the application by hand. In 2002, the first year I hunted WV, I bought my license, tags and all, on-line. Done in ten minutes.

With that said I mail mine to Lancaster county. Pretty quick processing time.

21-Aug-17
Thank Rc.. when I said I got them, I mean it shows online that they were awarded to me.

22-Aug-17
Glad to hear it, Ed! Now we just gotta hope that the USPS does their part and doesn't lose them on the way from the Co. Treasurer! ;-)

P.S. I am still waiting on my second round tags from 2D and 5C. Just don't understand why they don't send them out as soon as they are awarded! : (

22-Aug-17
Nut, did you send for a 3c tag?

22-Aug-17
No. Gotta wait til Monday. Only 1337 left......................hopefully they'll be a few left by then.

22-Aug-17
Why you got to wait for monday?? You said you only sent out what looks like two rounds. I sent in for all 3 rounds and got three 3c tags and two 5c tags.

22-Aug-17
I think he means Monday is over the counter sales..

22-Aug-17
Oh shoot! I guess I'm not gettin' a 3C tag! HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!! I was thinking 8/28 was next round unsold- too many dang dates to keep straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (

That's alright. Wasn;t really planning on getting a 3C tag anyway. It was more of an afterthought. ;-)

22-Aug-17
3c tag sale may slow down some that if you put in for one tomorrow you may get it. only cost you 2 stamps.

22-Aug-17
Aw, it's no big deal. Probably wouldn't have shot a doe way back in where we're gonna hunt anyway. Too long of a drag for a slickhead! ;-)

22-Aug-17
No why I'm dragging any deer out from back there. One plane was like 3200 or 3300 yds back to truck as my gps said. I'm bringing my game bags, deboning it right there. If I can pack an elk out 7 miles once with two trips and 70lbs of meat I cam pack a Pa deer out 2 miles in one. By the way that 7 mile elk packout was four guys twice. First meat half way then back to get camp, then set camp up at meat for one night, then meat out to truck, then back for camp and back out to truck. LLama's are now my friends.. :) Ed

22-Aug-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
My friends

22-Aug-17
Those Llamas resemble rut butt.

22-Aug-17
Rc if I kill a deer all the way back.. Nut will be my LLama. Since Nut's a big guy a guess he could just throw my whole deer over his back and care it out. Thanks for the great advice RC.

22-Aug-17
Another problem solved by folks on this forum! :)

23-Aug-17
LMBO guys! :)

23-Aug-17
RC solved a problem? He's usually the reason for a problem.

24-Aug-17
Well, I got a text today that one of my buddies got ANOTHER pink envelope in the mail. He thought it was odd since he already received all his tags! Turns out he got his NEIGHBOR'S tags! Good thing for this guy he is a GOOD neighbor! ;-)

Just ANOTHER reason to change the system! Eliminate the US Postal System from the process!

25-Aug-17
Perry, that exact thing happened last year, I got someone else's attached to mine and had to mail it off to him. He lived clear on the other side of the state...

But alas, Pa is not progressive...

25-Aug-17
John, I am taking notes and will be contacting my local legislators! YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!! It is REDICULOUS we are still hamstrung by this archaic system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sitka Gear