Tweed 27-Jul-17
razorhead 27-Jul-17
Crusader dad 27-Jul-17
happygolucky 27-Jul-17
Tweed 27-Jul-17
Trapper 27-Jul-17
rick allison 27-Jul-17
26-Jul-17
Besides Bowsite what are the top 5 hunting/archery forums on the world wide web? I am looking for the most used sites with large populations of posters.

Thanks

26-Jul-17
Facebook trumps them all! You can be your own moderator. You can block anyone at any time. Although Facebook might have the reputation for kids, it has been replaced with adults. A ton of great groups on there, although I have never looked for an archery only group. I do however administer a group I created that is taxidermy related, not only private, but in the "secret" mode, so it cannot be searched. I hand select creative people willing to share, and they get along. Even when we disagree on something that very seldom happens, because we have learned that we all are not supposed to think the same , we keep it civil. Got about 100 members who are great to converse with.

Now let me warn you. Public groups tend to suck! No discipline, and too many disruptive people trying to get an internet hug. So if you decide to check out Facebook, look for private groups that are generally small. Simply search archery, or deer, or whatever might grab your attention.

I was as hesitant as anyone to join in. I have no regrets. Very seldom do I use the world Wide Web to chat with people. I literally visit about 3 websites at this point....this being one of them. You get a notification when someone replies to your comment, so you don't have to spend a lot of time on there.

26-Jul-17
Meh, you can do that on twitiot as well :D

26-Jul-17
Deer hunter forum, habitat talk

27-Jul-17
Leatherwall is a great ARCHERY forum that at times includes hunting topics.

Absolutely love that place. It's moderated very well and full of incredibly knowledgeable people.

27-Jul-17
two forums I really liked was Next Buc and Hunting Beast, lot of good hunters on that, great info, can not get on either anymore,,,, next buc was some hard core hunters there, just never seemed to get off the ground,,,,,,

I also like to read leatherwall, have gone to the dark side of archery this year, have been shun by some old trad friends,,, ha ha ha

27-Jul-17
1 trough 5 in this order,

1. Bowsite 2. " 3. " 4. " 5. BOWSITE

27-Jul-17
"I also like to read leatherwall, have gone to the dark side of archery this year, have been shun by some old trad friends,,, ha ha ha "

That would not be surprising if true razor.

I really like All Things Habitat for land management.

27-Jul-17
I got instantly deleted on Muzzleloader Forum. If you think the stick bow people are rough they're nothing compared to traditional muzzleloader folks. I posted under the "percussion" section about rust on an inline. Get 1 answer and then chased out of there. I apologized for the post. So I then post in the general forum and got chewed out and my account blocked. Its an awesome forum full of smart guys but never...ever...bring up a gun that has technology newer than 1870......

27-Jul-17
I used to live and die by QDMA forums until they got rid of it. Apparently was cutting into their profit margins as us folks were giving free education that they were trying to sell in their books and magazines. I transitioned to Habitat Talk which is great but just cant warm up to their forum format. I spend a fair amount of time on Facebook Habitat Managers, great knowledge there but like anything else you need to separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm also involved with 2 Trail camera groups, 1 public and the other only has 18 members as it is a private group also.

27-Jul-17
Tweed...that's funny! I gotta admit I'm one of those old school (OK, just old!) Black powder guys. It's just my way, but its gotta be cap or flintlock. I just like em.

That said, I could care less if you prefer inline. Same with archery...I also peruse LW as well as another stickbow site. Unlike most on LW, I don't have a storage bin full...just one recurve and one RD longbow. OK...by rules of ownership I also have my old 65lb Black Widow MAII, and two Hill style longbows, 76 & 84lb. But...I discount them because I can't even string those Hills anymore, let alone shoot em...lol. I'm down to 52 & 53lb, but I love em...two customs built by a fellow Cheesehead who's since closed shop. My wife and son both have his take down longbows also...ghey are sweet!

But again, shoot what YOU like. We're all bowhunters, eh?

• Sitka Gear