CJ 19-Sep-17
Shawn 21-Sep-17
lk2bowhnt 21-Sep-17
Tejas 21-Sep-17
writer 21-Sep-17
Thornton 21-Sep-17
Genesis 22-Sep-17
27-Jul-17
Look, I've been a hunter awhile and am not attacking anyone in particular. This situation isn't just about "Kansas". It's a plague everywhere.

I, like most of you I've read, am a true Hunting Conservationist. In all the States I've lived and hunted in as a Resident, would see the influx of "Weekend Warriors" both Resident and Non-Resident who pull their campers up in the heart of the hunting areas, play loud music all night driving game away, and worst of all... LEAVING ALL THEIR F'ing TRASH when they leave. I cannot begin to tell you how much trash I have picked up just as a normal Joe-citizen to keep it out of the woods, You can say, "Well that's not just a Non-Resident thing", but hear me out. I have HEARD with my OWN EARS non-Residents at gas stations and whatnot as if bragging say "Hell Yeah, I left my trash and sh*t there in the woods, this State charged me $300 for a tag, so I figure we're even". And I KNOW I am not the only one that have heard such things.

I'm not against private ranches that make $$ by picking up their trash, but who pays the price for these idiots on Public Land?, the caring Resident Hunters.

SO before any NR-er's cry that we take offense by them coming up here and crying how "mean" Kansas Residents are to them: Listen Snowflakes, we HAVE a reason to be that way. A REAL reason. It ain't a jealousy thing, it's not a territorial thing. we just are sick of the garbage you bring and leave behind ruining the Hunting Lands we live and die by.

27-Jul-17
That's about the dumbest statement I have ever read.

27-Jul-17
Dang, Lick..... we agree on something. Time for us to be scared.

27-Jul-17
Whitetail Extreme you have not been on this forum very long! But this statement ranks near the top.

28-Jul-17
Exactly what this forum needs, a non resident thread. Please excuse me while I grab a beer and some popcorn. Geeezz

28-Jul-17
I would think that if you are a true Hunting Conservationist you would would politely inform those that you overhear making idiotic comments that those things reflect back on all of us as sportsmen. Bad behavior in any hunter, no matter where they are from, should be called out.

28-Jul-17
Whatever Josie.

28-Jul-17
Snowflake ?

28-Jul-17
Think I will change my handle to that. I like it !

28-Jul-17
Having covered Kansas mountain lions for 30-plus years, I'll also add that just because somebody says they saw or heard something...doesn't mean they really did.

28-Jul-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

28-Jul-17
Kyle: now that's real trash!

28-Jul-17
Looks like my buddies place in Michigan . His grandson puts out bags of corn and just leaves the bags to blow in the wind. But he is a resident so it's ok. I being nonresident and guest usually pick them up.lol.

28-Jul-17
I pick them up no matter where I am, and other stuff too...thank you T.P.

28-Jul-17
You dad has me just scatter them along the roads you drive, Kyle. That ways he knows you won't fall asleep driving.

28-Jul-17
Don't have to thank me I've always done it too no matter where I am. Funny thing is I've hunted in a few places out east my brother in law used to just throw his mt bottles and bags out the window when driving and same thing here with some people i know you don't have to be a non res to be a slob. That's a good one writer !

30-Jul-17
Pretty stupid statement. I am a NR hunter not just in Kansas but at least 7 other states. I have never left any mess or trash on any grounds I have hunted or stayed on. I was not bought up that way. I respect others and their property, whether it is state owned or privately owned. I have also hunted some crowed public lands and I have never witnessed other NR hunters littering or abusing public property either. I also would say that there are just as many slob resident hunters if not more then NR hunters. I think before making a blanket statement like that one should really look at themselves first! Shawn

30-Jul-17
I had a hard time with Kansas res putting there trash in ditches and not the land fill. I understand they think it stops erosion but it contaminates groundwater

30-Jul-17
It would be interesting to know who litters the most. I find that many locals are just as bad or worse. Just look at a locals campsite when they're done partying or fishing all night at the lake. I would suppose their hunting sites may look the same way.

31-Jul-17
some guy has a corn bag fly out of the back of his truck and he is the biggest POS alive. Grampa Jo has thrown his trash in the creek down the road for 40 years and its no big deal.

31-Jul-17
...what makes you think the POS is still alive? :-)

31-Jul-17
Two wrongs make a left?

31-Jul-17

z hunter's embedded Photo
z hunter's embedded Photo

31-Jul-17
Wholesale littering is more a state of mind, than a state of residence. By and large, traveling big game hunters probably do take better care of things because that's just the way they are. They spend a lot of money, time and effort on their hunting. No matter if they're shooting doves in their backyard or back-packing into the Brooks Range, they're just more respectful. There are, of course, exceptions. As per the original poster's statement, maybe yes, maybe no. Read a few Kansas mountain lion threads and you'll quickly learn people will throw a lot of stuff on the 'net that may not be true. Oh, yesterday I caught some locals red-handed tossing trash on the side of the road, at a place I care for. I was standing right there. Video-taped the whole thing, including our "conversation" where they repeatedly denied what they'd clearly just done. The kicker was when one of the guys called me "sexual harassment MF." I suspect alcohol may have been involved. K-State bumper stickers, and Powercat front plate, Greenwood County license plate.

(Just kidding about the KSU and GW references. Thought I'd add them for a couple of my buddies on Bowsite.) . :-)

01-Aug-17
Utah has no litter. Amazingly beautiful land! Been to all 50 states and they take care of their land the best I've seen. Unfortunately their whitie population is a bit lean!

01-Aug-17
You mean whitetails, not white people, right Charlie? New Zealand is by far the cleanest place I've ever traveled.

02-Aug-17
Littering, polluting, taking care of our environment is not a resident vs non-resident issue. Teach your children well and show by example.

03-Aug-17
Blaming littering on NR hunters is a stretch. There are some of course that have the attitude that they paid to have someone else clean up after them, but there are many more that are true sportsmen who respect the land and would never think of being a slob.

When I bought our land where we live, we spent a great deal of time cleaning up the place. My family and I picked up 8 large commercial sized trash bags of debris/trash from the road ditch along the South side of it after burning off the grass. The very next weekend, we picked up another three bags of garbage from the same ditch that had been thrown out from the road AFTER we had cleaned the week before. There were beer cans and bottles, boxes, food wrappers, and even a dead pet. At first I blamed the typical litterbugs, city folks out for a country cruise. When I started finding farm debris, wadded up baling wire and twine, diesel additive cans and bottles, seed sacks etc, I saw the error in my thinking blaming it all on citiots. Every time I police the road ditches picking up trash, I am guaranteed to have more that same day or the next when they see I have cleaned up their mess. People and society are pathetic anymore, anything to cause somebody anxiety or grief is entertaining to them.

08-Aug-17
Gotta be all the NRs from Missouri, Colorado and Nebraska. Has to be! :)

08-Aug-17
Must be. Embrey. Only thing good to come out of Missouri, into Kansas, was an empty bus.

09-Aug-17
I heard that empty bus was full on return to MO from KS. And both states improved.

10-Aug-17

Thornton's embedded Photo
Found these walking points at Eldorado for birds. A bowsiter identified the owner of the decoy. I packed the trash out a half mile. They left 8 ducks to waste. I forwarded pictures and the name of at least one of them to the local warden. I don't think he did anything.

10-Aug-17

The next week I found another case of beer that they at least put back in the box. mustve alerted them by picking up their litter because they moved 100 yards east and didn't leave any dead birds

10-Aug-17
Go drive through mined land area's. Couches, fridges, microwaves, wash machines, swing sets, etc.

22-Aug-17
I own 150 yards of road front property on a busy county road. In what is supposed to be one of the better areas of the county. The amount of trash I get on my little stretch of land is amazing.

Littering is a people problem, not a NR vs Res problem.

22-Aug-17
Amen Ironbow. The only distinction I see between Res and non-res hunters here is non-res hunters are more likely to tear up muddy township and field roads.Res guys know the problems and prohibitive costs incurred by landowners and sparsely populated townships.Particularly in the Spring when the snow goose fanatics are around.

23-Aug-17
If you're finding cases of beer cans at the same place week after week you prolly are dealing with locals.

Iron, I live on a FM road and have this problem. It's a people problem, but I guess I could blame it on folks from other states driving by just to throw trash out. Lol

23-Aug-17
If you are going to tear-up a road, you better hurry to beat the local punks trying their pickups and big mud tires!

27-Aug-17
We battle the same problem in GA where I live. I spend 1-2 hours a week picking up trash along the road through our farm. It is disheartening to get it cleaned up only to see new trash accumulating within hours.

31-Aug-17
You guys kill me , this is no left is right or right is wrong issue. We're all sportsmen, and supposed to support each other. I have been hunting kansas as a non resident for 13 years, in that time a have been fortunate to harvest some nice bucks. Most of all I have I have made some wonderful memories with my son, and close friends. In this time we have always been responsible, and left the land as we found it . In a lot of cases we have picked up trash that others have left. We have made great friends, some that I consider family. I have invited and taken some of those on fishing trips in my home state. We never shoot small bucks, and are very aware of our neighbors and there concerns. There are bad sportsmen in every state, trust me in Georgia we have our share just like you guys in kansas. I think it should be our goal to educate all those around us and to set a true example to all, so that it may be passed along to future hunters.

31-Aug-17
You guys kill me , this is no left is right or right is wrong issue. We're all sportsmen, and supposed to support each other. I have been hunting kansas as a non resident for 13 years, in that time a have been fortunate to harvest some nice bucks. Most of all I have I have made some wonderful memories with my son, and close friends. In this time we have always been responsible, and left the land as we found it . In a lot of cases we have picked up trash that others have left. We have made great friends, some that I consider family. I have invited and taken some of those on fishing trips in my home state. We never shoot small bucks, and are very aware of our neighbors and there concerns. There are bad sportsmen in every state, trust me in Georgia we have our share just like you guys in kansas. I think it should be our goal to educate all those around us and to set a true example to all, so that it may be passed along to future hunters.

14-Sep-17
I hunted Kansas last year for the first time as a non-resident. I'm not sure what you guys have to complain about honestly. You have the best whitetail public land hunting in the nation and don't pay nearly as much as I do for it.

Come hunt public land in Oklahoma! It's fun but overun...you'll realize what you have if you do.

As far as leaving trash well I'm sorry about that and it is terrible but trust me it happens here in Oklahoma too and I don't know if people really come here from out of state much.

I think a much bigger problem would be nonresidential paying big $$ to lease up available private land...that would be frustrating and unfortunate.

Anyway I e gotten a fair amount of hate being a nonresident as I hunt and it's like water off a ducks back. We are all in the same team.

Last year I drove to one of my favorite bow only spots in Oklahoma on opening weekend and counted 32 different trucks....I went to Kansas and didn't set sight on another hunter all through September and October putting in over 20 hunts on public ground exclusively.

14-Sep-17
If it took you 20 tries that would explain why you didn't see anybody else. Did you shoot anything

14-Sep-17
What's that have to do with it, Jason?

14-Sep-17
Geez....

14-Sep-17
Arnette that is because very few hunt in September and October, Duh! Unless we have an early rut. But I am thankful for your "first time" insight and expertise. What do I know anyway?

14-Sep-17
You, too, Clip? No wonder Kansas Bowsite has such a crappy reputation.

14-Sep-17
Kansas Bowsite doesn't have a "crappy reputation" Mike. It's one of, if not the most visited and active state sites. It does however have some deplorables...and I'm afraid I'm one of them.

I hunt other states, and welcome NR's here as well, trash has no loyalty... go hunt and have fun guys!

14-Sep-17
Writer if I hunted a state one time I would not be offering my expertise and knowledge. Instead I would seek information from those residents who hunted that state for years. I guess sitO and I take the bait to often from the turd stirrers who post on here. We might be deplorables but we will always speak our mind and not worry what other's think. Now do we really have the best public land hunting the country? Do we really have nothing to complain about? If so, I offer my apologies to Arnette.

15-Sep-17
C'mon Writer? Kansasclipper knew what I was referring to.

15-Sep-17
Hunt a PH site 20 times, don't see other hunters nor shoot a deer, you are the only one there because others know it's not a good spot to hunt most likely. :)

15-Sep-17
Trebarker is now an official "Deplorable"! Welcome to the club buddy!

15-Sep-17
At least recently the deplorables won the election. (From a confirmed bitter clinger).

15-Sep-17
welcome back guys i have been waiting forever for this to start up again. people have been way to nice on here latley

15-Sep-17
p.s. clip remember you did have and early rut.

15-Sep-17
The guy was stating what he observed. Because he doesn't kill a buck makes it bad? Thorton, the last time you killed a buck with a bow? Kyle, last time for you? Doesn't mean either of you are bad hunters, does it? Clip, we've discussed this in the past too often to repeat it. Interesting when a NR goes on the Kansas Hunting and Fishing Facebook page how much real help and respect they get, compared to here. Kyle, you've never held back helping others as long as they follow your ethics, and we all have our own ethics we preach. Yes, I've had more than my share of deplorableness (now that I'm unemployed, I can make up words) :-)

15-Sep-17
I think my real point was missed. I was saying that non-residents are the whole reason you guys have such a great public land policy...also keeping the non residents on public allows you locals to take advantage of the private land through the local relationships you have. Also, I did kill two with a recurve, one buck (my largest to date) and one doe. I think nobody hunts Kansas until November!? ...whereas oklahoma has pressure from day 1 to the end with a slight drop off towards the end of season.

...here in Oklahoma most of the areas I hunt are closed in November. I wasn't saying that there aren't lots of folks hunting Kansas I was just saying that public land considered I'd say it ranks #1 in the nation or top 3 for sure. I might add that I payed $580 dollars to hunt there this year again....that's gotta go somewhere. It's only $280 to hunt archery deer all year in Oklahoma and I think $225 in Missouri.

15-Sep-17
I was also saying that the really crappy thing is when those few non residents with money start throwing it at the ranchers/farmers who you guys have close relationships with...that sucks for you guys. It's starting to happen in southern Oklahoma with aristocracy from Dallas.

15-Sep-17
Kansas is 97% privately owned. Not a lot of public opportunities.

15-Sep-17
The guy was gushing over the fact that he hunted 20 times and saw no one. In an obscure way, I pointed out that he probably hunted early season or was hunting crappy spots. I don't usually kill bucks with a bow simply because I'm too picky like Sito. I pass up bucks every year that most would kill in a heartbeat. We all know that public land during rut is over run with hunters. That's all I was pointing out

15-Sep-17
Hell, us Okies even have to visit your message boards.... more action here and in the field.

15-Sep-17
I don't kill deer because I'm scared of blood Jason, and I don't ...I don't want to get my clothes dirty...it's sad I know.

15-Sep-17
Quit buying that expensive Sitka gear.

15-Sep-17
I buy the material bulk and knit it myself Jeff, so...

15-Sep-17
Hence forth ye shall be known as "plad" the impaler

16-Sep-17
What time of season did you hunt and did you kill anything?

16-Sep-17
Wow, what does this make me?? I have only hunted 3 times in Kansas but I know that the residents are just as bad if not worse then the NR guys. Both as far as littering and tearing up roads. Where I hunt I NW Kansas the local kids really make a mess of the roads and have their drinking spots that are all littered up as well. I am no expert but people accuse me of acting like one, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express one time in Kansas sso maybe I am. LOL!! Shawn

16-Sep-17
Kids drink and do a little mudding in rural western Kansas. What do they do in New York? Shawn you know I have never accused you of being an "expert". "You" and "Expert" together never crossed my mind!

16-Sep-17
Same thing here in NY but we do not have the dirt roads you folks have. The little buggers tear up golf courses and public parks. My point is that compared to NR's the locals do way more littering and damage just based on the fact they out number the NR's 1000 to 1. Thanks for the confidence boost KC!! :-) Shawn

16-Sep-17
I was just kidding!

16-Sep-17
I've been in upstate NY...beautiful country, and it can get fairly muddy

16-Sep-17
Vandy treated K State like a NR tonight LOL !

17-Sep-17
The first half of my life I hunted Kansas as a resident and the last half I have hunted as a non-resident. Most of that time has been on the same farm, which happens to belong to my family. We have always had resident hunters as well as some non-resident, besides myself. The hunters were never a problem as far as littering goes. The locals have always trespassed on to our land. They have a few favorite party spots that they like to gather at and leave beer cans and bottles. We recently had a large group that had gathered around a large bonfire. My family called the Sheriff and he just let them go. There were more than 50 people and they left trash and beer cans all over the area. That has been going on since I was a kid. We also get the local 4-wheel drive club that likes to tear up the roads and ditches after it rains. We do get the spotlight poachers. Who knows what state they are from. A few years ago my brother caught three guys on one of our ponds that had caught over 50 fish and thrown them up on the bank along with their beer cans. He confronted them and asked who gave them permission to fish. They gave him his own name. I doubt those characters were from out of state, since they knew his name, but didn't know him. Anyway, there are local idiots and NR idiots that will try to take advantage of other people. They have no respect for property rights or other people. Trashy people leave trash from all states.

17-Sep-17
sitO we do have some beautiful country up here we just don't have the food or genetics most of Kansas does. That is why I love your state, that and the people I have met are also a big reason. It is a shame that anyone, where ever they are from , cannot respect the land that we hunt and fish on!! Shawn

17-Sep-17
honestly Shawn, I think your problem is everybody in NY shoots the first tiny buck they see. I've seen some giants killed there.

19-Sep-17
Yeah I think it's time we start talking football?

19-Sep-17

19-Sep-17
After reading every post I noticed there has been no response from JasonRay, the thread creator. Two things come to mind, one, he got what he wanted. A bunch of people getting all worked up over who to blame for littering . The second, his mind was made up long before he posted this and nothing anyone says will be looked at as reasonable. We need to be reminded that the negative people out their have to put blame on groups of people. They are easier to attack if they have a name. It also forces you to pick a side. Thanks for arguing against this post. CJ-NR

21-Sep-17
Thornton look at entries into P&Y and such, not many giants killed here. There is potential but like Kansas we have a huge problem with road hunters and poaching. Like I said, most of your 3.5 year old bucks will be 120"s and bigger, here in NY few will be that big. Even in areas where we have Antler Restrictions we don't get that many big bucks. Shawn

21-Sep-17
Ive seen photos of huge bucks killed in new york back in the late eightys early nintys

21-Sep-17
Yawn......bad apples in every group of hunters out there unfortunately!

21-Sep-17
Trophy deer in New York?

Let me tell you all about it because I drove through that state once...at night. Well, I slept half of the way but I figure that's still enough to make me an expert. :-)

21-Sep-17
I wasn't looking at P&Y. I was looking at Boone and Crockett and there were quite a few recent entries. The hunters I know from NY said the bucks can't get big because they are shot at a young age.

22-Sep-17
Mike, Are deer in NY the same sub-species? Does the soil there contain the same nutrients. Are there other differences that have an impact on potential, like weather?

Thanks.

22-Sep-17
Kansas is squeaky clean compared to many parts of the southeast. It's a cultural thing,but I've seen litter actually improving .Btw,I picked up every hull and shell box I could find after our dove shoot. Probably was a time in my youth where I would have never even thought to do that.

I would definitely say the average Kansan is less likely to litter than the average Southeastern.However,a guy with enuff discretionary funds to buy NR tags,bows,arrows etc would be higher class clientele ,so we are sending our best...:).

• Sitka Gear