DaleHajas 25-Aug-17
RC 25-Aug-17
Rut Nut 25-Aug-17
RC 25-Aug-17
Bowhunting 5C 25-Aug-17
Rut Nut 25-Aug-17
HerdManager 25-Aug-17
07-Aug-17
EUTHANIZED DEER TEST NEGATIVE FOR CWD The two, ear-tagged deer euthanized July 26 in Ridgway Township, Elk County tested negative for chronic wasting disease, the Pennsylvania Game Commission announced today. Meanwhile, the investigation continues to determine whether the deer escaped from a captive facility or were intentionally released. Chronic wasting disease (CWD) is always-fatal to deer and elk. Where CWD exists in Pennsylvania, measures are taken to reduce its potential spread. The two ear-tagged deer were discovered about 20 miles north of Disease Management Area 3, within the Commonwealth’s Elk Management Area. The ear tags raise concerns that the deer were at one time part of a captive-deer herd. The Department of Agriculture manages deer farming operations in the Commonwealth. The discovery of deer from a captive herd in the wild always raises concerns due to the potential for CWD spreading to wild deer in a new area. Anyone with information about where these deer might have originated is asked to contact the Game Commission’s Northcentral Office at 570-398-4744, or 570-398-4745.

07-Aug-17
Wouldn't there be a way to track those deer if they had ear tags?

07-Aug-17
Maybe the Game Commission should be over seeing the deer farms instead of the department of agriculture

24-Aug-17
From PGC via Facebook feed.

EAR-TAGGED DEER RESULT IN CHARGES, CONVICTION The investigation into the origin of two ear-tagged deer euthanized recently in Elk County has resulted in a conviction. A 56-year-old Ridgway man pleaded guilty Aug. 16 to two counts of disturbing wildlife after reporting he’d handled the deer, saying both were wild and he tagged them in separate years while they were fawns. Fines and costs totaled $2,120. It is unlawful in Pennsylvania to pick up, take into captivity or otherwise disturb wildlife, or release any deer into the wild. Doing so can result in stiff penalties, including imprisonment. http://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Commission-Details.aspx…

24-Aug-17
That's crazy! Why would anybody take it upon themselves to (ear)tag a deer???

25-Aug-17
I do my best to tag deer every year

25-Aug-17
:) Dale dammit. Now I'll have to explain that to fut butt...

25-Aug-17
I think you knew what I meant, Dale. But in case not, I clarified my post above! ;-)

25-Aug-17
The deer tags are supposed to be in the ear...

25-Aug-17
Right, they caught the dill weed but why did he tag them exactly?

25-Aug-17
Wondering the same thing, John!

25-Aug-17
It's legal to tag them, you just need to run an arrow through them first.

Shoot, I tagged 8 last year. No fines......../:^)

• Sitka Gear