elkmo 08-Aug-17
wytex 08-Aug-17
elkmo 09-Aug-17
Topgun 30-06 09-Aug-17
wytex 10-Aug-17
elkmo 18-Aug-17
wytex 20-Aug-17
08-Aug-17
HMA access says only to those with a tag and permission slip or others can come with you in the case of game retrieval if they don't have the tag/permission slip. I want to bring my son, but looking at the maps I see the boundaries of the HMA includes blm ground that borders more blm ground outside the HMA boundary. So we can access the blm land within the HMA from blm ground bordering it w/o crossing private in the HMA so he does not need the permission slip. Public is Public right?

08-Aug-17
Your son can tag along with the provisions on the HMA if he is your only tag along. If you have to cross the HMA to get to the BLM then the rules apply for the HMA part. BLM is public unless enrolled in the HMA. If he is not hunting and not carrying a weapon most game wardens will not give it any thought. If you have a truck full of people you better have the correct permits for all of them on the HMA.

09-Aug-17
Did not realize BLM land could be enrolled in a HMA and the become subject to the HMA rules. Thanks

09-Aug-17
I believe the only way it could be placed into an HMA or WIHA is if it is landlocked by the rest of the deeded private land that is enrolled in one.

10-Aug-17
My point was in you cross the HMA to get to the BLM you must abide by the HMA rules while on it , even if just to cross over to BLM. Usually HMA's are private with some landlocked public be it BLM or State lands. Look at the map of the HMA it will show the lands within the boundary.

18-Aug-17
Reason I asked was this ground borders BLM/NF and is not surrounded by private...so whats to keep joe whoever, not hunting, and have zero idea of a HMA or any rules from doing whatever??? I support the HMA program 100% but this seemed odd.

20-Aug-17
The HMA will have signs at access points. You can use it to access the BLM and NF with your permit but others cannot. Good chance the warden will be out checking on just what you're asking about.

• Sitka Gear