Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Will tell 09-Aug-17
Rut Nut 09-Aug-17
Jeff Durnell 09-Aug-17
elk yinzer 09-Aug-17
Stekewood 10-Aug-17
09-Aug-17
Looks like there is going to be plenty of licenses left for the third round. 12 WMU have sold out and 11 WMU still have licenses. I'd like the PGC to limit two Doe tags per Hunter. Used to be one Doe tag and you were lucky to get it.

09-Aug-17
Totally disagree! We should be INCREASING hunter opportunity, not limiting it! Losing more and more hunters every year. Your idea would not help.

09-Aug-17
I just sent my 2nd round app/donation in today. A little late, but plenty left in 1a. Couldn't find the checkbook. If it wasn't for the PGC, I wouldn't even need a checkbook. It ticks me off every time I have to do this. This system is retarded... always has been.

09-Aug-17
No units of interest for me. I have 2 tags and 3 DMAP, I am good. I shoot a max of 2 does, those tags just add versatility. I was surprised how fast 2D sold out. I thought I remembered it being available for round 3 last year. Regardless, I got it second round and have plenty of tags in my pocket.

I disagree on the doe tag limits. For most guys I think they just add flexibility to hunt different areas. I do very strongly think the areas around metro Pittsburgh and Philly should do better to limit harvest on public land. They could give out 100,000 doe tags in 2B and there will still be deer sanctuaries where they never get killed. It just directs a ridiculous amount of pressure to the limited public and quasi-public.

10-Aug-17
I hear you Jeff, what an absolute unnecessary PIA this antiquated system is. Envelopes, stamps, paper apps, checks....... All outdated.

" I do very strongly think the areas around metro Pittsburgh and Philly should do better to limit harvest on public land."

There is so little public land available for hunting in the metro areas that limiting harvest on it would be pointless.

• Sitka Gear