sticksender 16-Aug-17
Paul@thefort 16-Aug-17
lov2hnt 16-Aug-17
Jaquomo 16-Aug-17
Jaquomo 16-Aug-17
huntabsarokee 25-Sep-17
donnybowhunter 29-Oct-17
14-Aug-17
Have any of you had any experience with these? Looking at the quiet Kat bikes. I have a 3 mile walk up a logging road that is mostly up hill. it would be nice to get up there in 10-15 minutes as apposed to an hour. I would like to tow my kid trailer behind it with my pack and bow inside. I have a mountain bike now but im a sweaty mess by the time i get up there.. any thoughts on these?

14-Aug-17
It you are not allowed to drive a truck/atv/motorcycle up road I would think a bike with motor would also be illegal???

14-Aug-17
The laws say for foot, horse or mountain bike only. If its and E-bike it has to be 750W or less.

14-Aug-17
Is it in National Forest or BLM? Pretty sure its just a motorcycle as far as the Feds are concerned. Colorado's 750 watt limit is for licensing and bike trails, roads and some State properties.

14-Aug-17
"THE LAWS SAY FOR FOOT, ETC."you state. Laws are different for town, cities, bike trails, state land, VS Federal and BLM Lands and trails. It seems that Federal and BLM trails are more restrictive and do not allow ebikes and consider them a motorized vehicle.

I would check with your local National Forest and BLM office for clarification as regulations might have changed.

14-Aug-17
Electric bikes are great, but I believe legislation will be passed pretty soon limiting where they can go.

14-Aug-17
I did a quick google search. Everything I can find shows that National Forest and BLM treat ebike as motor vehicles so basically the same as motorcycles. I didn't find a single instance where it was allowed on non-motorized trails. But different districts can set up their own rules so contact the agency controlling the land you are interested in.

15-Aug-17
lov2hnt- I have the Rambo 750w. I bought the gear-down kit for better performance on steep grades. Overall happy with it. Nice big tires. The thing will fly on flat pavement, but is much slower on turf. Only negative I've seen is the optional rear wheel fender is poorly designed and rattles when you ride. Will only use the bike on legal roads/trails, which can be limiting, but I still find lots of uses for it as a dead-quiet means of getting somewhere fast, and without sweating.

15-Aug-17
Sticksender, will that bike take a 200 pound man and a trailer full of gear 3 miles up the mountain?

16-Aug-17
200 pound guy...no problem. If you're doing a trailer on moderate grades, I'd get the gear kit. They also make a 1000w model which would be even better for that job. The Rambo is a regular bicycle that you can pedal normally, use the motor as an assist, or stop pedaling and let it run on the motor only.

16-Aug-17
I rode one at the CBA Jamboree last month and it is a kick and if I was 20 years younger I might buy one. But then I have to ask myself, when and where would I use it.

16-Aug-17
thanks Sticksender, that was the input i was looking for.

16-Aug-17
I almost pulled the trigger on one this spring before discovering I couldn't legally go anywhere my ATV couldn't go, wouldn't carry the load my ATV can, and is a rougher ride in the dark.

All my closed logging roads are closed to "motor vehicles..

16-Aug-17
I almost pulled the trigger on one this spring before discovering I couldn't legally go anywhere my ATV couldn't go, wouldn't carry the load my ATV can, and is a rougher ride in the dark.

All my closed logging roads are closed to "motor vehicles..

25-Sep-17
Ran into a few of these on NF in Wyoming this year. They were on gated roads but the roads are maintained by local water authority and not closed NF roads. I assumed they were legal. They sure had an advantage as they could travel a few miles fast on these relatively flat roads while we had to hike out. Even a standard my bike would have come in handy.

29-Oct-17
I have am electric bike on my wish list

• Sitka Gear