Truckie 15-Aug-17
treeclimbing 15-Aug-17
JohnMC 15-Aug-17
treeclimbing 15-Aug-17
vic 17-Aug-17
treeclimbing 22-Aug-17
Mathewsshootr2 23-Aug-17
14-Aug-17
Need help please! Two of us are hunting sheep in S12. We have been to Weston multiple times, 12 mile and 4 mile. We have seen other hunters who have not seen sheep and we have not seen sheep. One hunter mentioned the river herd at the pump house? I don't know where that is. Any help is appreciated.

15-Aug-17
Sorry I meant to say off Hwy 24 North of Buena Vista.

15-Aug-17
You have looked at the DOW website, which shows where sheep have been killed, right?

15-Aug-17
Pm sent

15-Aug-17
Pm sent

15-Aug-17
bad karma we have the data, just going from place to place glassing and climbing and are finding nothing. Going to go north of Buena Vista this weekend and try I guess.

15-Aug-17
I have a buddy that had a tag this season in another unit. It took us a long time to find sheep. They are hard to see. You can be glassing them, they can be out in the open above tree line or in rocks or trees. You can be looking right at them and not see them. There were times I would find sheep in the open and then not be able to find them again for 10 minutes in the same spot. We would find deer and elk and they stick out like a sore thumb. Sheep are 10X harder to see. The deer and elk look very red compared to a sheep that are very gray when glassing them from a distance. Get high across from where you want to glass and pick the area a part. He bought an adaptor so that he could mount bino's on a monopod or tripod. I found being able to hold glass still makes a huge difference in finding and seeing them. Once we started finding them we figured out what we were looking for and seem to get easier finding others. Look for their ass it is white with the white going down the back of their legs.

15-Aug-17
Thank you John and everyone else that has been helping me. I have new ideas now and was very frustrated after the last 3 weeks of seeing nothing.

17-Aug-17
I've got a buddy that lives in Leadville and killed a ram a couple years back who has spotted 4 good rams. send me an email if you want his phone number. [email protected]

22-Aug-17
One more weekend left. The sheep are winning, 3/4 ram on Red Hill Pass when I left on Sunday. He was just eating grass and watching me drive by!

23-Aug-17
Hear 2 Rams down any pics

• Sitka Gear