SILVERBUCK 27-Aug-17
Badgeralum 28-Aug-17
Knife2sharp 11-Sep-17
Badgeralum 11-Sep-17
Konk1 13-Sep-17
Jeff in MN 13-Sep-17
SILVERBUCK 14-Sep-17
16-Aug-17
I am looking to purchase a Ghost blind and I was curious if anyone has used one or knows someone that has. It looks like a great concept, just not sure how well it works etc. Just looking for some feed back. Thank you in advance.

16-Aug-17
I have one and love it. Not the easiest to carry but that with my seat weight 22lbs which is close to most climbing tree stand. It guaranteed that every deer I saw last year came from behind me. :)

16-Aug-17
G-man. Would you buy the extra two panels?

16-Aug-17
Are these usually set perpendicular to the ground or at some angle?

16-Aug-17
I think slight angle

16-Aug-17
Which way, down in front?

17-Aug-17
The top of the blind angles away from you towards the ground reflecting the surroundings not the sun.

17-Aug-17
I though about it but for now I'm going to stick with just the four.

17-Aug-17
Thank you the feedback on it. I can get it on sale with 15% off today by using a code they gave me for a labor day special. I have a couple of spots that it will be prefect for, but I am just not sure I want to spend $300 plus for another blind to collect dust except for a couple times a year.

17-Aug-17
I have a good friend that works at a commercial glass shop. I think he said they have access to the raw sheets, I will check on it and report back.

17-Aug-17
Thanks Jeff. That would be great and I appreciate the offer.

23-Aug-17
They are on sale at Amazon right now if anyone is interested.

24-Aug-17
I forgot to ask my friend about the material cost, just sent a text to him.

24-Aug-17
Drop Tine, Thank you for the heads up about them being on sale on Amazon. The Ghost blind website is going to have a Labor Day sale that is going to be 15% off of their prices. So if I decide to pull the trigger on it, I am going to get the complete kit and use the 15% off and save the sales tax that I would pay on Amazon.

24-Aug-17
Jeff, thanks again for checking on the raw material costs, I appreciate it.

27-Aug-17
I Have 2 of them, been using them for about 5 years now. I only have one case. my best setup is up against a deadfall and large tree. I only use 4 panels , but I brush them in and use burlap with bailing wire. I leave them up for a month and never had one blow down. I did have to leave one alone for a while last year as some bears were on camera often and I didn't want a little bear looking in the mirror and causing trouble. In and out nice and easy. Freedom to move around a little and deer walk right bye. Rake area to remove most leaves and make somewhat level. Place branchs in front, I use a chair in a bag. Workwell

28-Aug-17
Thanks for information Silverbuck. I appreciate the feedback and real life info.

11-Sep-17
I have the tall and short. Make sure you get the extender panels if available and the carrying bag is handy too, since you can attach a chair to it. Also, you need to make sure you have some background cover, or you need to be careful not to get caught moving, which is why the extenders are nice. I've used mine for deer and turkey hunting and I can honestly say they've never spotted the blind, even relatively close. I missed one of my largest bucks with a bow to date using one. I was hunting a wooded pond just off a CRP field and I had a buck come in with a doe and fawn. The fawn saw me move, but the buck paid her no attention. The buck was facing me drinking for a couple minutes, I waited until he turned and stopped, I misjudged the distance and he also ducked the string/arrow. A while later a yearling buck came in and milled around the other side of the pond for about 30 minutes and eventually came to my side and I thought he was going to come within a couple feet of me, but he ended up going out to the field.

I like using them on a run-gun type hunt , or where I can setup in a cornfield bordering a bean field or alfalfa field. I will opt for an enclosed blind if I plan on camping out for a while because I tend to move a lot checking every window or opening too frequently. But I've often wondered what it would be like using a few of them to make an entire circle. I'd love to do that with a buck and doe decoy in an alfalfa field .

11-Sep-17
Thanks for the run down Knife. I passed on buying one this year, instead I bought my 8 year old son a .22. I will put a ghost blind in my x-mas, birthday list or I will get one next year. Thanks again for all the input.

13-Sep-17
Search on You-Tube, I watched a video of a guy making his own ghost blind. If your into the DIY thing that could save you some $$.

13-Sep-17
I finally got prices on the raw plexiglass mirror material. $7 per sq ft at 1/8 inch thick, so 2' x 4' panel would be $56. That is wholesale price without shipping.

So, the one at Cabelas would be a better deal, 53" high with extension and 102" wide for $200. Includes some stakes and chords. Other sources may be even better prices.

14-Sep-17
The inside of the panels are painted a green Camo . The slanted serface on the inside will also hold a thin layer of snow . I'm 61 now and still use a Lone Wolve climber from time to time but having a blind to fall back on during bad weather is nice. my oldest one is 5 yrs and still in really good shape . The case if you have it with you will keep you covered for a time if it rains , but I seldom have mine with me . Good case though , "$100" . I got mine when they were $150 . I do not have any extensions , but after the brush and branchs and snow , you can't see it . Also add fresh boughs for sent . Have had semi froze to the ground a couple times , but nothing I couldn't deal with . Nobody has ever messed with them either and I'm hunting public land .

• Sitka Gear