Live2hunt 20-Sep-17
happygolucky 20-Sep-17
lame crowndip 20-Sep-17
YZF-88 20-Sep-17
Shawshank 20-Sep-17
Cheesehead Mike 20-Sep-17
Duke 27-Sep-17
16-Aug-17
I heading to Colorado next Wednesday the 23rd. Backpack Elk hunting. Can't wait!

16-Aug-17
Good luck! Sounds like a great time.

16-Aug-17
Good luck. I'll be in Idaho, Utah and then headed east back to WI for deer!

16-Aug-17
Not west, Heading north on Friday after work. Taking a class, Bear hunting 101. Going to relax, hunt and fish before it gets crazy busy this fall here in Wisconsin.

Travel safe and have a good time!

16-Aug-17
Sept 17 heading to the Big Horns in Wy. for elk

17-Aug-17
I will watch the eclipse from northern Wisconsin.

Oh, you mean hunting :-)

17-Aug-17
Colorado and then New Mexico. Maybe back to CO or Idaho depending on how those hunts go.

17-Aug-17
Does the northwest corner of Minnesota count as 'west'? Headed there in a week to bait bear for a week and start hunting on Sept 1. Taking a kayak along to maybe put a bait in a spot that is too wet to get to by land. An argo would be a better choice.

17-Aug-17
Hope all will share the hunts with us upon your return.

17-Aug-17
Good luck to you all. Unfortunately I am not at that stage in life where I can do this without breaking the bank! Do share your hunts, it helps make this work week grind go a lot smoother! Happy trails!

17-Aug-17
YES!! Please share the hunts. My boy and I were supposed to go to ND for mule deer but with my stroke and now Collin's heart thing my wife said no.

There is a guy that goes by Brotsky on the main forum and he has a daughter the same age as my son. Next year we are going to go chase Mulies with him and then him and his daughter are going to come hunt my land during the rut.

Good luck fellas!

17-Aug-17
Headed to Colorado on Tuesday to chase deer in the high country.

17-Aug-17
All I can say is I'm jealous. Maybe some day. Good luck to all and yes please share your experiences.

17-Aug-17
Wish I was going, but after many years of hunting Colorado the old knees can't take the climbing anymore. Hope to see some great pictures of your hunts, successful or not, although to me every hunt is successful weather I got an animal or not. The beautiful scenery was the best part of the hunt for me.

17-Aug-17
I am going out to south dakota for antelope. Crusader dad that sounds like an awesome deal you have with Brotsky - great idea and good luck to all.

17-Aug-17
New Mexico for elk and then maybe on to Colorado... we'll see.

17-Aug-17
YZF-88, I love Idaho, where you hunting? I've hunted the Southern Panhandle area and the Warren area (South Fork of the Salmon).

17-Aug-17
Been trying to go to Colorado elk hunting since 2013 and I think I can finally go this year.

17-Aug-17
New Mexico for mule deer in about a month. Good Luck to everybody on your hunts!

18-Aug-17
September 8th I leave for 2 weeks for Western Montana archery elk, god willing my hunt area won't be under fire then.

18-Aug-17
Heading North East for my daughter's 1st bear hunt. She is excited almost as much as me. I'm filming and can't wait.

18-Aug-17
Good luck all. Safe travels.

Hopefully I'll be able to pull off a quick pronghorn hunt with my 4.5 year old next year. Hopefully.

18-Aug-17
On the road now to NW Nebraska for antelope which opens Sunday.

18-Aug-17
Might do a last minute trip to CO for elk. Waiting to see what the doc says about a problem knee he operated on in May.

18-Aug-17
Good luck to all that are going. PLEASE share your hunts on here as much as you can. I live vicariously through you guys. I do have out of state hunts planned for the next few years. Just too much going on now.

19-Aug-17
Work, etc. shot me down this year. Not a happy camper.

19-Aug-17
Headed north to Manitoba next Saturday with a high school friend. Bear season starts 1 week from Monday.

20-Aug-17
Headed to NE mid Sept. Haven't missed a year since 1980! Deer and Antelope! Good Luck to Ya'll!

21-Aug-17
Leaving Aug 27th for Idaho Falls, Idaho to pick up a couple llamas , then heading up to Montana for a 12 day hunt. Retired 2 weeks ago so have been spending every day getting ready. Plan is to have a fun, leisurely slow-pace trip in beautiful country. I am taking ground blind in as I already know a couple good wallow, water spots from a few years ago. Just hoping my knees and back hold out. My wife thinks I am nuts so she is coming along. Had to turn my bow down to 48lb , wish it went to 45 but can handle it out to 30 yard and setting up for 20. Good luck to everyone! Jim

21-Aug-17
I will going to CO in two weeks with a dear old friend. His son will be joining us as well.

21-Aug-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Game on. Chased a couple nice UT bucks at 11,200 feet for a couple days. Overall very surprised at the lack of deer. Snow anyone? Shortly after this pic, I crushed a couple toes trying to sneak across a boulder field with socks.

21-Aug-17
I never understood the sock thing.... when I go out west and want to do the sock thing.I simply put some old wool socks over my boots,,, just as quiet and a heck of a lot more comfortable........ I told that once to Dwight Schuh and he said, you know, your right

21-Aug-17
Dang Razor....how big of socks are you getting that fit over boots?

21-Aug-17
My boot is a 10 wide,,,, I put over Canadian wools, for a size 13,,,, bigari hardware in the UP

25-Aug-17
I hit the road tomorrow, today will be busy with some errands and some packing left to do. The trailer is loaded with about a ton of bait and all the other essentials except the second freezer that I pick up today. Internet access during the hunt will be limited but I will post some status when I can. Bear season starts Sept 1.

25-Aug-17

Wisconsin_Deer_Hunt's Link
Wyoming for me. Elk. Season starts on a Sunday which seems odd. Then back to WI for deer hunting season! It's finally almost Fall!

28-Aug-17
Colorado next year...up North this year.

28-Aug-17
Instead of socks buy some military leggings . Sew up one end & pull them over your boots for that last 100 yards of stalking . Much quieter than wool socks . While your at it carry a few golfball size rocks . When your 25 yards from your still bedded Mulie , throw the rock in his direction & draw your bow back at the same time .

28-Aug-17

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I wasn't sure if its was West or not until I checked. 26 miles west of home and 252 miles north. Michigan bear hunting. Go 14 miles N.E by 4 wheeler and you should find my stand, hopefully I'm not dangling from it.

29-Aug-17
Wyoming antelope on Sept 9th and S. Dak mulies the last week of September.

29-Aug-17
Heading to british columbia for mountaingoat this year. WI, NEXT year will be kodiak blacktail and hopefully get in a colorado elk bow hunt. Hoping to find someone to tag along out to colorado or I will go solo...either way it will be great

30-Aug-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Got lucky with this SW Colorado Mulie a couple days ago! Very blessed indeed. Good luck boys!!

30-Aug-17
Headed to Montana Sept.16, The wifes first time out west and elk hunting. Hoping to get her her first elk

30-Aug-17
Congrats Charlie. Awesome! Share the details of the hunt if you don't mind. I'd bet alot of us would like to hear it.

30-Aug-17
Charlie - Nice, congratulations.

30-Aug-17
Novice: It's on the big game forum "Got my Colorado Mulie" Thx

01-Sep-17

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Didn't notch a tag, but learned a lot about chasing deer above timberline. The elevation kicked my a$$ but I was still able to locate some world class deer and see some amazing county.

01-Sep-17
Yep, us flatlanders can't handle that elevation well. I packed an elk out one year in Colorado at 9-10,000 feet. I was sick as a dog after that from what I believe was elevation sickness. This was a week into the hunt, so I should have been acclimated to it.

01-Sep-17
Good job Charlie.

Bear hunting in NW Minnesota for the three of us sucks so far. Put out 4 baits Sunday, 4 Monday, and one Tuesday. So far just one is being hit but it is being cleaned up good. Season opened today and raining in the late afternoon and evening so the guy that drew the active bait did not hunt, totally the right call. It poured around 6:00, close to quitting time right now and it has quit raining for now. We plan to quit some of the earlier set baits and set some more up. (can only have 3 baits per hunter at a time here) Been hot, I think I lost another 5# this week.

It has been dry here and not much for berries right here. A few choke cherry bushes but that is it. We are starting baits near water where we can find it in hopes that will help.

04-Sep-17
My daughter got to be part of the learn to bear hunt on August 26th. On the 25th we did the class together that was very informative. Saturday morning during the first hour she had two come in. I was filming which was fun. First one she couldn't get a shot at and she passed the second one. Then it rained and rained and it rained. She sat in the rain until 11 and back at 1:25 until dark in the rain. No more bears came in. Sunday mornings it was pouring so we headed home. Plans are to go back and try it again. She loved it.

14-Sep-17

lame crowndip's embedded Photo
lame crowndip's embedded Photo
Back from Wyoming last night. My buddy and I each shot bucks the first afternoon about 15 minutes apart. Mine is in my right hand and again the Magnus did me proud. Next week to South Dakota for mule deer.

14-Sep-17
Great job lc. Good luck in SD.

19-Sep-17

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Luck was on my side in New Mexico on September 6th.

19-Sep-17
Nice!

19-Sep-17
What a bull mike!!

19-Sep-17
Congratulations Mike! Beautiful bull! Hope you and Les have a great season.

19-Sep-17
Thanks guys!

Les and I didn't really elk hunt together this year but we'll get together later for a whitetail hunt. I drew the first season in NM and Les drew the second season in a different unit. Les was on a hunt with his son in CO for about five days while I was in NM. Les didn't have a tag but his son did. After I shot my bull in NM I went and joined Les and his son for a few days in CO and then they left, his son flew home and Les headed for NM for his hunt. He's there now chasing dragons!

19-Sep-17
Congrats Mike! Dandy. Hopefully Les has success as well. Looking forward to hearing the story.

19-Sep-17
Great bull Mike!

19-Sep-17
Great trophy. Congratulations.

19-Sep-17
Wow great bull Mike! I sure hope you write up a story with pics for us! Give us every last detail

20-Sep-17
Nice Bull Mike, I hope he came in Screaming!!

20-Sep-17
Congrats Charlie, lame and Mike. Cool stuff.

20-Sep-17
nice bull!

20-Sep-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Lots of smoke from fires!
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Lots of smoke from fires!
I tagged out early in Idaho so now I most likely have enough vacation to "head east" and hunt in south west WI again. Double bonus.

I've been checking Facebook for an update from Les. His last post was admitting he left camp and forgot his bow! Been there done that.

20-Sep-17
Congrats Mike!

20-Sep-17
Thanks guys!

Congrats to Charlie, LC and Jason too!

27-Sep-17
Very nice, gents. Some great animals in great scenery! How was the pack out of there, Mike? Looks like a tanker.

• Sitka Gear