Too Many Bows Bob 17-Aug-17
pogo 17-Aug-17
tonyotony 24-Aug-17
pogo 24-Aug-17
pogo 25-Aug-17
drew 31-Aug-17
Bowguy 31-Aug-17
16-Aug-17
I was looking at the regulations in New York and it seems that Rage and those kinds of mechanicals that slide to open are considered "barbed" broadheads. Is that right?

TMBB

16-Aug-17
No...... mechanical broadheads are legal if the blades do not lock into the open setting after impact.

17-Aug-17
Thanks.

TMBB

17-Aug-17
You are welcome.

24-Aug-17
Pogo, I haven't used mechanicals yet, but how do they stay open if they do not lock? I thought impact was what opened them, then they stay open inside the animal?

24-Aug-17
The force of entry causes them to open. They continue to cut during pass through. Once they are outside of the deer they can pivot. No need to stay locked open.

25-Aug-17
For the record..... I do not use rage broadheads. I use NAP Killzones Coc 100 grain. Fly great, opens on contact and leaves a gaping hole with excellent blood trail.

31-Aug-17
I had a CO check my quiver a couple of years ago - he told me specifically that 2-blade Rage are legal and 3-blade are not. 3-blade Rage broadheads do not consistently retract when pulled out of an animal, therefore they are barbed.

31-Aug-17
Deoends on CO. Some say yes some say no. Use over the top heads or fixed and you're assured legal

• Sitka Gear