Mad dog 29-Oct-17
bas4109 29-Oct-17
Mad dog 29-Oct-17
Arrowone 30-Oct-17
pogo 30-Oct-17
T Mac 30-Oct-17
Mad dog 31-Oct-17
20-Aug-17
With the 2017 season soon approaching I am interested in fellow hunters hopes, expectations and what you deem as success. There is no right or wrong answers. Maybe your dream is to take a 150 class buck or maybe you have had your sights set on 200+, possibly meat for the freezer.

21-Aug-17
I'm in an interesting situation. I'm finishing school so this will be my last season in Upstate for the foreseeable future. So not only do I want to kill another 3+ year old 120+ inch deer, I want my dad, brothers and uncle to kill one too. It would be a greater success for me if I can guide them to their personal best deer and not kill one myself....but that be pretty sweet to! I have 5-6 bucks on cam that fit the bill too!

21-Aug-17
Venison. A young buck or two and a doe. Not sure what to expect, but that's my hope. of course a P&Y is fine too, lol!! But it will all depend on the numbers of deer I see. few deer will mean restraint in my area. Likely have to hunt state land too so...

Also finishing school this week. BS SMT CS if anyone is looking for a 56 yr old Test Engineer : -)

21-Aug-17
I want to see many sunrises and sunsets as possible. If I kill a good buck..... that will be better. If I see those sunrises and sunsets without killing a good buck...... well that will be just fine too! I've never had to kill to enjoy the hunt.

22-Aug-17
I've been lucky enough to take some decent bucks but they have all been kinda nontypical so this year I would really like a nice even 10pt .It won't have to be huge just a mature buck with no kickers ; in my mind that's the classic buck I've always pictured in my head when I'm in the woods.I also want a hard freeze early in bow season to thin the mosquitoes which are terrible this year !

22-Aug-17
Shoot a nice buck with the compound in my first season on 10/1.

22-Aug-17
Several... 1. After years of slugging out on over pressured public land I found a great lease property. I'd like to get one of the mature bucks I have been observing on the property since January. 2. Thin some does out and fill the freezer. 3. Kids are in Hunter Safety this year with the goal of hunting next year. They'll sit with me in a ground blind a little bit to see what its like. I hope that they have fun and catch the the bow hunting disease.

22-Aug-17
Spend more time hunting the wilderness areas of the ADK's.

27-Aug-17
Help my 13 yo son get his first buck.

28-Aug-17
Hey T Mac I hope he does and good luck to you both.

28-Aug-17
Hey T Mac I hope he does and good luck to you both.

29-Aug-17
Great topic. I've yet to get a buck with the bow, so that would be great. Got in about 10 days last season got two does. Won't have as much time this year. I'll be happy if I get out 5 or 6 tines and get ANY deer, buck will be a bonus. Mad Dog

30-Aug-17
I'm hoping that the guy who lets his dog run free EVERY TIME I'm in the woods has moved to another state ! What a knuckle head . Good luck to all this season . Good luck Tom to you and your son ! And send me some bear pics !

02-Sep-17
I have several good bucks on the properties I hunt. I would like to take a 4.5 year old plus but there are a few 3.5 year olds that are over 120"s and that would work. Have to kill a ton of does this year as the bow only area I hunt id over run with them. I saw over 100 deer in about 3 sq. mile ride last night. 34 were bucks and 5 or 6 were shooters. Shawn

02-Sep-17
My goal is simple, to get out. Late June through July I was in a wheelchair recovering from a surgery. We're now a week from our starter and I hope I'm good to go. Nice to even just scout. . Better to hunt!! Best of luck to all!

03-Sep-17
After a 4 year wait I drew an Iowa Zone 5 tag. It will be a DIY on a mix of public and private. Hoping I can take a 4.5 or 5.5, but honestly just hoping for cool temps and an exciting hunt. I will be gone for prime time in NY but 2.5 or older in October would be sweet. Plus a doe. T Mac good luck to you and you son. My son got his first archery deer at 13 and the next 5 years of hunting with him were fantastic. He's away at college now and I really miss him. Enjoy every minute with him in the woods. The time goes quick. Have a great season everyone!!

11-Sep-17
Hi fellow hunters! I seriously hope to fill a tag or two this year. As always. State lands I hunt do tend to get pounded. I really hope I can get through the whole season without getting one with my car! They seem to target me. Getting out into the woods is the best.

20-Sep-17
To have the will and determination to carry 55lbs of filming and hunting gear into and out of the woods everyday at a young age of 61 with back problems.

22-Sep-17
Ive got a nice 4.5 yo I'm after. Have some good history with him and looking forward to the journey. In general, just looking forward to getting back in the stand !

22-Sep-17
To live at least until 2018

22-Sep-17
Jerry hope you do and many more.

23-Sep-17
I second that. I hope for my arrows to fly true.

25-Sep-17
Good clean kills.

26-Sep-17
To have fun and be patient.

07-Oct-17

T Mac's embedded Photo
Evan's first buck!
T Mac's embedded Photo
Evan's first buck!
Well I am proud to say that my son Evan has got his first buck and this was my hope for 2017!

08-Oct-17
That is what it's all about right there Mr.T, Evan will never forget that moment!

09-Oct-17
That cooler weather will eventually come......

29-Oct-17

Mad dog's embedded Photo
Mad dog's embedded Photo
Hopes fulfilled! Only 2nd day afield this season and nailed a nice doe. The rest is gravy. Gonna try Making jerky. Will make medallions of venison over spaeztle. I am grateful. Thats deer # 5 w bow. All does. Working on a bow buck, but very happy!Mad Dog

29-Oct-17
Congrats Mad dog.

29-Oct-17
Thank you, brother. Mad Dog

30-Oct-17
Great job Mad Dog!! Congrats.

30-Oct-17
Awesome Mad dog!

Did you make your jerky?

30-Oct-17
Congrats Mad Dog! I have a great jerky recipe if you’d like PM me with your email and I will send.

31-Oct-17
Not yet. Next 2 days. Yes. By all.means... please pm me T mac... .thanks guys. Its funny, I remember vividly the 7 deer I have taken going back 25 yrs. It really is amazing when everything falls in to place and youre draggin back to the truck. Still on cloud 9. Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear