Tooth 29-Aug-17
LBshooter 29-Aug-17
LBshooter 29-Aug-17
Franzen 01-Sep-17
DozRdeer2 02-Sep-17
25-Aug-17

Lynn Wilcox's Link
APPLICATION DEADLINE - September 1, 2017

Each individual is limited to one single Either-Sex Archery permit through the mail from the IDNR Permit Office.

One Either-Sex Permit = $15

Residents only

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Documents/ResidentEitherSexArcheryDeerPermitApplicationAugust1September1.pdf

25-Aug-17
Guys only a few more days to mail in your application for a single either-sex bow tag.

Save over $10 and not be forced to buy a doe tag !

This is ANOTHER of IDNR's little secrets that they love to try to hide, BUT they are FORCED to sell these tags ( by law) & they hide them the best they can.

They do NOT offer them OTC like all the other bow tags & this is the ONLY tag that they allow bowhunters to buy only 1

And they sell them for ONLY one month ( August ) ?¿?¿?

25-Aug-17
Thank you-Forgot all about them-Hap

29-Aug-17
Just started bow hunting a few years ago when I lived in PA. Am now back in IL and plan to hunt here. Is the archery deer permit specific to a county like the gun permits, or can I hunt private property across the state with one tag?

29-Aug-17
No

29-Aug-17
I appreciate the answer, but no doesn't address the 2 opposing questions I presented. I'll try again with a single question that can be answered yes/no: Is the archery deer permit specific to a county like the gun permits?

29-Aug-17
No it's not at least for residents.

29-Aug-17
No it's not at least for residents.

01-Sep-17
Archery permits are statewide in areas with an open season, with the only exception (that I know) being some public areas that also have a drawing for a limited entry hunt. Archery permits are not valid during the traditional shotgun seasons, with a few exceptions on public areas.

02-Sep-17
As Franzen indicated: "Archery permits are not valid during the traditional shotgun seasons, with a few exceptions on public areas." They are also valid during shotgun season dates in counties not open to that season (Cook, DuPage, and east 1/2 of Kane).

• Sitka Gear