Glunt@work 01-Sep-17
27-Aug-17
Has anyone been hearing elk bugle?

27-Aug-17
Just got back from 68. Not a peep.

27-Aug-17
Nothing in 49

27-Aug-17
North Central had 2 going opening morning. That evening I heard one pretty steady. Silent this morning.

27-Aug-17
Nothing three days going in north park. Was at 11500 5 miles plus in wilderness and down low. Big bulls are still off alone and not around cows

27-Aug-17
Heard about a dozen bugles Saturday morning

28-Aug-17
Nothing is talking on the front range.

28-Aug-17
I'd expect to hear a lot of: "got damn it's hot out here!".

Leading up to the start of the season I was all excited but it's back to dog day summer temps. Afraid what I shot would rot before it even hit the ground.

28-Aug-17
a few in #61.......and freakin cattle!!

28-Aug-17
God damn it hot out here. And if I hear one more beef cow or coyote answer my bugle I'm changing my targeted animal.

28-Aug-17
Nothing in 45.

29-Aug-17
I hit a cow call and had a bull bugle back, setup and had 2 bulls come in opening morning.

29-Aug-17
Heard a few in 48.. some solicited with cow calls, some not.

29-Aug-17
Hear several on the front range opening morning until they went over the ridge around 9:30

29-Aug-17
about 12-15 over the weekend. all during daylight

30-Aug-17

Stringdoc's embedded Photo
Stringdoc's embedded Photo
Gentlemen.....and ladies....I'm from virginia and due to work only get a chance to get to CO about every 3 years, although I turn 50 this year and am finally senior enough to hopefully get out every year from here on out. Always archery for elk....its just the most amazing experience of my life every time, even if I don't tag one. I've been 3 times, last in 2014. Finally got my first elk in 2014. Pic included. I hunt unit 81.....just curious what front range means and if anyone is hearing anything down south in 81.

30-Aug-17
Oh yes....I'll be hunting 9/7 thru 9/14

30-Aug-17
Stringdoc:

"Front Range" is basically the east side of the mountains from Ft Collins to Colorado Springs, Its the major population center

30-Aug-17
Between Nederland and Allenspark is non-vocal so far. I did hear a bull whining to himself as he worked over a tree above me one night. That was kinda cool hearing him get all worked up. I even threw out a location bugle or two from high points at early evening and got nothing in response.

30-Aug-17
Glunt.....thanks..... I kind of figured it had to be the whole east side of the Rocky Mountains around Colorado Springs area.... just wanted a little clarification..... kind of makes sense that would be the Front Range. thanks

30-Aug-17
1 bugle in 501 yesterday. Glad everyone is experiencing the same thing...starting to take it personal.

31-Aug-17
Just returned from a 7 day scouting/hunting in the Flat Tops Wild Area. Not a bugle I heard and I was camped out at 10,200 and in the middle of the elk. Saw at least 8 bulls, but no sounds. Very warm. Will head back on Monday. Weather forecast, still warm.

31-Aug-17
A few baby bulls responding to bulge with chuckle in northern part of the state. Only when I chuckling though. Trail cams indicate small bull's (5x5's) rounding up cows. Royals still working but all quiet.

01-Sep-17
We need a cold front...looks like maybe next Tues/Weds we get a small one bringing some much needed moisture and a 10 degree drop of a couple days....not a game changer unfortunately.

01-Sep-17
Bulls were talking very good last weekend in sw Colorado. Heard the first one Saturday morning as I was heading down a chute. Bulls were still answering each other at 9:30ish. I'm way up high chasin mulies and not wanting to chase elk yet. Hardly any rigs at the trailhead but I know by this weekend hunters will be everywhere!! Hoping my bucks are still in the drainage.

01-Sep-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
This dude has been on my back hill the last two nights keeping me up. My tag's for 100 miles away

01-Sep-17
On Sunday when we got out of the truck before dawn there was still music cranked up from a cabin about a 1/2 mile away. Must have been a heck of a party. We had to get over a ridge to even start listening. Labor Day in this area is crazy busy with campers and ATVs but last year we had a lot of bulls talking so hoping for a repeat.

• Sitka Gear