bicster 21-Sep-17
304thomas55 21-Sep-17
WVBOWHUNTER 22-Sep-17
gobbler 22-Sep-17
Babysaph 22-Sep-17
hoppies56 23-Sep-17
gobbler 23-Sep-17
29-Aug-17
Has anyone seen acorns this year? I have a camp in Richie Co. with a lot of oaks. Been down 2x and don't see any acorns. What has everyone else seen in their counties?

29-Aug-17
Spotty in Pendleton county.

29-Aug-17
On my place in Monroe, lots of hickory, walnuts, and a fair amount of white and red acorns. Haven't looked for cherry or beech yet. Looks like a heavy supply of grapes.

30-Aug-17
Minimal in Nicholas.

Seeing some beech and hickory but not much.

31-Aug-17
Acorns starting to drop pretty good here in western Berkeley county. Sad part is I have not seen a squirrel in months around here. Plenty of deer and turkey though.

15-Sep-17
heavy in jefferson county blue ridge

15-Sep-17
I'm finding a lot of chestnut oak and some white and red oak here on my farm in southern wood county.

15-Sep-17
Was out this evening and saw some scattered acorns just starting to fall and some beech.

21-Sep-17
I am seeing them in Fayette County

21-Sep-17
Putnam county is loaded. Quite a bit in Kanawha too

22-Sep-17
Lots are falling in Jefferson county.

22-Sep-17
I was moving my camera over the weekend and nice big white oaks acorns were falling all around me every minute or two and there was no wind. Looks to be a good crop there this year.

Mast is so good I'm thinking of not shooting any of the bucks I'm following this year. If they make it they will get a major boost in antler growth next year. But there's a 10 that's going to be hard to pass on it it comes by :^)

22-Sep-17
I'm seeing more now as well. If I pass on my spike I guarantee he will be a 3 pt next year.

23-Sep-17
Good or Bad Which is it , i can remember what dnr says for better deer harvest lots of a acorns fewer acorns, Cause they were falling like rain where i was yesterday in mason co.

23-Sep-17
Lots of acorns is good for deer but hunter harvest usually goes down because they don't move as much and aren't as dependent on fields where they are more visible

• Sitka Gear