Contributors to this thread:
dragon76 29-Aug-17
Forest bows 29-Aug-17
z hunter 30-Aug-17
dragon76 30-Aug-17
cgoods17 30-Aug-17
Habitat1 30-Aug-17
29-Aug-17
still new to the deer game. I'm going to try something different this season. Have always been told not to bother going out untill 10-31, so I haven't spent much time in the blind. This year, we have several bucks at two different locations coming regular to mineral blocks. Going to try and tag one early, before they stat to change out of their summer time habits. Main concern is scent controll,. What would you guys recommend ? I am only in blinds, do not like heights at all. I know enough about wind direction, but also know that sometimes you can get busted . Just looking for positive input. Thanks for your replies.

29-Aug-17
Shower before you go out is probably the most important thing they will smell you if they get downwind no matter what you do.

30-Aug-17
If you are getting daylight pics, simply hunt with a good wind. Plan to use a thermacell, even in the blind.. Vanilla extract for a cover scent..it also works as an attractant.

30-Aug-17
getting both daylight and nighttime pictures. just was out checking a dove field, and ran into the landowner, told me there was two studs right in front of the blind eating his soybeans. Vanilla extract cool, my wife makes it by the quart, but sure has a lot of bourbon in it. That might not be a bad thing. We do have a thermocell, do they really work well? Mosquitoes are real bad this year in SEK

30-Aug-17
being from louisiana i can definitely say that thermocells DO work.

turn it on when walking in to stand, that way it will be heated up and ready to go once you get settled in.

30-Aug-17
Wait for a cold front,I bet if you compare temps with your daytime pics you will see it's during these cool spells.If he is downwind and you aren't clean and most likely if you are he will smell you even with vanilla

• Sitka Gear