Contributors to this thread:
fin little 30-Aug-17
fin little 30-Aug-17
notags 31-Aug-17
fin little 31-Aug-17
notags 01-Sep-17
Heat 01-Sep-17
30-Aug-17
Somebody turned in a 7w archery bull tag and Im next in line. I wished I had more time before the hunt but I just cant pass on the opportunity. Late start dates and wet weather Im hopeful. Anybody been on 7 ? Hows the bulls looking ?

30-Aug-17
I just found out the area on 7w burned by the Boundry fire in june is closed to the public until oct 15. Area around Kendrick Mt. How big of a deal is that ? Could that be why the tag was turned back?

31-Aug-17
7W has elk all through it. Kendrick has elk, but so does the rest of the unit.Unless you are part billy goat and really like to climb, I wouldnt worry about it being closed. Take the tag and go!

31-Aug-17
Your probably right notags and no Im not part billy goat. I was just worried about 225 tags squeezing in to a smaller area. Somebody else should have got the call today. Im a nonres and it was just coming up to fast and felt to uncertain for 14 BPs. I will spend some time there next week to see how bad I screwed up.

01-Sep-17
Well, good luck in next years draw. It would be tough to put together an elk hunt in two weeks, especially coming from out of state. I have had 5 plus months to plan for mine, and I am facing the "two week crunch" now! Glad I have a long weekend to finalize all my gear.

01-Sep-17
I have same hunt.

• Sitka Gear