DoorKnob 11-Sep-17
Fivers 11-Sep-17
Trapper 11-Sep-17
DoorKnob 11-Sep-17
Konk1 13-Sep-17
DoorKnob 13-Sep-17
Fivers 14-Sep-17
01-Sep-17
Disallow recreational feeding starting Sept 1 until the end of deer seasons. Why allow drawing the deer away from hunters? Especially in over populated (supposedly) units.

Limit baiting to tag type season. i.e. gun hunters can't start in bow season unless they buy a bow tag.

Baiter must have an open tag for that season. Why allow harboring deer for next year to the detriment of hunters?

All in favor ...

01-Sep-17
And no food plots till 24 hours before the season starts.

Why pick on the public land guy? Also I don't know many guys that would keep baiting after they fill their tag/s anyway.

01-Sep-17
NO...I can't see getting so upset about 2 gallons of bait. Birds and squirrels eat the first gallon before deer even find.. The trouble is too many hunters worry what their neighbor is shooting.

01-Sep-17
I think I'm going to make a batch of bait just to put a cam on it and see what all the fuss is about. I'm thinking pears/apples and acorn rage all mixed together. I'll put it in the conservancy since I don't usually hunt there until November anyway. I'll replenish my pile every week or so as needed. I'll put another cam in the area I do hunt early season and see if there is a difference.

01-Sep-17
"Disallow recreational feeding starting Sept 1 until the end of deer seasons. Why allow drawing the deer away from hunters?"

Why would hunters have to get their way versus the homeowner animal lovers? The deer belong to everyone.

01-Sep-17
Disallow baiting and feeding statewide until I no longer walk this earth... Just my opinion on this matter.

01-Sep-17
100% whith buckmaster and happy, got hunt..enjoy your hunt... and quit worrying someone is stealing your deer from you.

01-Sep-17
"100% whith buckmaster and happy, got hunt..enjoy your hunt... and quit worrying someone is stealing your deer from you."

When everyone just worries about themselves it creates bigger problems. It's good people care enough to have ideas.

01-Sep-17
No. Buckmaster good post

02-Sep-17
One thing I think would help someones position on a lot of issues is state if you are a land owner, do you have food plots, what county you hunt in and if you only gun or bow hunt.

02-Sep-17
I guess your right buckmaster, I have a small chunk of land I hunt, I also hunt pubic, no food plots and bow only. I hunt ne wis. north of 64. I really dont know what it is like further south so I guess my comments may not be acceptable for further south. My opinions are all based on the area I live. I would imagine things are a little different south...I dont know. Have fun and enjoy the hunt.

02-Sep-17
I might also add that I know people that put out food just to enjoy seeing wildlife. One set of friends feed all winter long behind their house. He is on oxygen and poor health and does not hunt and never has. he just loves watching wildlife. He is by no means an anti hunter. I would hate to see his enjoyment disappear, I think there is room for all in this picture.

02-Sep-17
xtrout.... I hope your friend is doing better. I have about 80 acres in Shanawo and Marathon county. I have food plots and 30 apple trees. I gun, bow and blackpowder hunt. With knowing where you hunt and with what it makes it easy to understand some points.

02-Sep-17
in my opinion there is enough deer for everyone to enjoy,,,,, I like to hunt north of Hwy 2, I guess I am anti social at times, ha ha

02-Sep-17
unlimited bait piles like the old days.

03-Sep-17
My private land bait plots suck deer in. I think it only fair the public land hunters have baiting options too. Baiting........... One of the dumbest controversies ever, driven by jealousy and greed.

04-Sep-17
happygolucky: Hunting has a harvest and herd management component, where as viewing does not.

04-Sep-17
i would like the bait taken to my two treestands for me,so i can become the lazy baiter that i'm always hearing about

04-Sep-17
"And no food plots till 24 hours before the season starts" That is when I drop the fence, other wise it is all chopped off before the season :D

08-Sep-17
My farmer doesn't like the idea. Just sayin'

08-Sep-17
$10/100# of corn is my fee... Lol

09-Sep-17
The Goat, spoken like a true democrat, solution to a problem is to add a 'fee' aka tax, never heard a non-fee/tax from the dems'; excuse me for the political statement. Fought the deer baiting issue for many yrs and the dog is beaten to death just like the x-bow aka transgender bow. Just go hunt for what it is, doesn't matter what method is use anymore or how, it is not your daddy's hunting anymore, fair chase is just a misnomer.

09-Sep-17
I agree 100% Goat. It would be nice if some people left the political banter out of this forum.

09-Sep-17
A baiting stamp and a stamp for food plotters too? Really? I think they should also charge per apple/fruit tree on land and this includes every person in the state, hunter or not, as well as those with gardens. Let's add another fee for those using scents. Decoys should garner an additional fee too. I think more cash can be made on weapon of choice too where xbow hunters pay the most, then compound hunters, and then trad bows. The compound guy will be taxed based on let off % and bells and whistles attached to the bow. Those in camo versus loin cloths - boom, pay the man. Ozonics owners should have to get a permit from the EPA. Lots of money to be made here.

Sorry, but the last thing we need is more taxes, especially over frivolous things. People need to quit worrying so much about others.

11-Sep-17
I could see a tag required to be on a stick in the ground and the bait within a certain radius. Anything else is a violation. This should help with legality enforcement issues. I have low regard for the overbaiter violators.

11-Sep-17
How about not allowing bait at least until 24 hours before season!! Oh yeah, that is the law already, but followed by very few!

How about not allowing baiting for 10 after a bear has been at your bait!! Oh yeah, I believe that one is on the books too!

How about not allowing shooting of bear from your bait pile(because you get sick of seeing him eat your deer corn) without a valid bear license!! Oh yeah, I think that might also be on the books!

Baiting is something that can't or won't be able to be regulated, it's going to happen.....along with all the other illegal things that may or may not happen with the association of a pile being right by your stand. It's about as easy for the CO's to enforce baiting now as it would be for them to not allow your Oak trees to drop their acorns when you are hunting by them. Baiting has turned into an unenforceable law at this point, people will do whatever it takes to try to get away with whatever they think will give them an advantage.

11-Sep-17
I see a new season structure happening, Next year baiters go first, then the following year still hunters go first, then drivers go first then............

11-Sep-17
I'm not suggesting an inordinate amount of enforcement, but when violations for anything are discovered: prosecute with no exceptions. No selective enforcement.

13-Sep-17
"A baiting stamp and a stamp for food plotters too? Really? I think they should also charge per apple/fruit tree on land and this includes every person in the state, hunter or not, as well as those with gardens. Let's add another fee for those using scents. Decoys should garner an additional fee too. I think more cash can be made on weapon of choice too where xbow hunters pay the most, then compound hunters, and then trad bows. The compound guy will be taxed based on let off % and bells and whistles attached to the bow. Those in camo versus loin cloths - boom, pay the man. Ozonics owners should have to get a permit from the EPA. Lots of money to be made here. Sorry, but the last thing we need is more taxes, especially over frivolous things. People need to quit worrying so much about others."

Don't forget homeowners, their decorative shrubs and flowers also feed the deer. That should be a separate tax on their property tax bill.

13-Sep-17
Trap, does that bear rule apply to private land?

14-Sep-17

Fivers's Link
Call me wrong on the bear thing, it is only for feeding sites. I haven't looked into the baiting regs for a long time, but I'm pretty sure that it used to be in the baiting part before, before they created feeding regs.

• Sitka Gear