RMH 02-Sep-17
hawkeye in PA 02-Sep-17
Rut Nut 04-Sep-17
horsethief51 07-Sep-17
Jeff Durnell 08-Sep-17
02-Sep-17

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
You may want to think twice hunting during a lighting storm. Checking stands here in MT, with Big Sky Outfitter and this stand/tree was hit by lighting this spring. Even caught fire at bottom.

02-Sep-17
Having retired from a electric utility company I've been blessed many times. Hate that sulphur taste from a close strike. Hunted Colorado one year when a guide and a hunter was killed from strikes in two different locations. I try not to be out in it but sometimes you just get caught. Also have walked past trees/poles that where still steaming. Dangerous stuff!

04-Sep-17
I was hunting once when there was thunder in the distance. I got down out of the tree as fast as I could(safely).

That's a scary pic, Ryan!

07-Sep-17
Road a tree in some wind once until a tree fell. I do not do that anymore.

08-Sep-17
No lightning, but was in a treestand when a storm blew in. The tree I was in was already split in half about 15' up, and I was just above that. It was so windy I stood up and was hugging the tree thinking, the second it let's up a little, I'm bailing out. That's when a big 12 pt showed up, so I let go of the tree, shot him, then got down.

• Sitka Gear